🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Portfolio and Profile Review
Page options
caitlinjonne
Community Member

Portfolio and Profile Review

Hello, fellow freelancer friends! 

I'm a recent graduate from the University of South Florida and decided to dip my toes into freelancing. It seems like a good way to earn some bonus income, which will be handy for my student loans and future wedding plans. 

I've only submitted one proposal so far, but before I send more I wanted to have a second pair of eyes on my portfolio and profile. Is there anything that could use more detail or alterations? Anything that's feeling a bit subpar or not quite professional enough? 

Thank you so much, the input is appreciated! 

1 REPLY 1
robin_hyman
Community Member

Caitlin C wrote:

Hello, fellow freelancer friends! 

I'm a recent graduate from the University of South Florida and decided to dip my toes into freelancing. It seems like a good way to earn some bonus income, which will be handy for my student loans and future wedding plans. 

I've only submitted one proposal so far, but before I send more I wanted to have a second pair of eyes on my portfolio and profile. Is there anything that could use more detail or alterations? Anything that's feeling a bit subpar or not quite professional enough? 

Thank you so much, the input is appreciated! 

Hi Caitlin,

Welcome to UW!  Please review all of the new freelancer documents Upwork has prepared so you are well versed in how the process works.

I took a quick look at your profile.  Try to focus on more what you bring to the table.  What you can do for clients.  Less about your inexperience.  Be open to opportunities and be careful not to ever mention that you'll be learning on the job.  The first few sentences are what a potential client sees when they do a search so make sure they stand out. 

Good luck!
Robin

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths