🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Portfolio image not showing in search
Page options
apescosolido
Community Member

Portfolio image not showing in search

Hello!

I am new to UpWork and I was hoping someone can help me with this topic:

I see that when searching for freelancers one can see a featured portfolio image to the the left of the freelancer's name.

However when I search for my name only my profile picture and name is diplayed, depiste the fact that I have several images uploaded in my porftolio on my profile.

How do I get my portfolio image to show in the search directory?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

The portfolio items would show if the search is related to a category and specialty. They may not show if you're only searching by the name.

Here I searched by a phrase from your profile overview as well as filtered by a specialty and category. Your portfolio item shows:

Screenshot_1.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
stefanm_94
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I had the same problem a 2 weeks agoo when I update my portfolio. I delete that blank portfolio and create again, and now everything is ok.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

The portfolio items would show if the search is related to a category and specialty. They may not show if you're only searching by the name.

Here I searched by a phrase from your profile overview as well as filtered by a specialty and category. Your portfolio item shows:

Screenshot_1.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

That's great!

Thank you!

When I searched on my first name and "graphic design" I got the following results. As you can see, some people have their portfolio image, and some don't. Can you please tell me why this is so?

My portfolio image is now showing up. I guess the backend folks are busy fixing this issue. I'm happy they are!

Hello,

I'm also having a similar issue - when I search for my name + graphic design, I do not see a portfolio appearing next to my name?

Thank you.

Hi Mary-Anne, 

This experience is for Design & Creative search results. When the Design & Creative filter is applied, the portfolio shows up in search. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 3.06.58 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Why do portfolio pictures only appear Design & Creative searches and not in any other, especially Engineering & Architectural?

Hi William,

Thanks for pointing this out! I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
36d233d8
Community Member

Hi, I'm a little confused about something. I have a wix website that showcase my work and portfolio as a writer. Can I add the link of the website here in my Upwork "portfolio" section?. I created the website specifically to showcase my work as a writer since I've not been previously hired on Upwork. Is it against the T&C to add the link to my website as my portfolio here?, Please I've worked so hard this past few days to create it. Thanks

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your message. You can share their external portfolios. We understand that portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. When you share these links, please remind your potential clients to keep all communication through Upwork until a contract is in place.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths