🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Portfolio image protection
Page options
helena_babington
Community Member

Portfolio image protection

Can viewers of my portfolio images download them? I do not want them to be able to.

Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Helena,

Yes, anybody can right-click on an image and save it. You can consider making your profile private so only clients whose jobs you apply may see it. Many freelancers also watermark their portfolio images and you can consider doing that as well.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan.

I guess I'll make it private. And watermark them. But that won't help me gain clients from the visibility of good work. I think Upwork should definitely add the feature Adobe provides for our portfolio website images using their Portfolio app, which makes it impossible to right click and download images. Of course screenshots are still possible. I hope the res of the Upwork downloads is very small if the dms is opened.

Thanks,

HBG

Helena, the problem is that fraudulent freelancers will add items to their portfolios that they didn't create.  By right-clicking, it's fairly easy to detect and flag these profiles.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can viewers of my portfolio images download them?"

Of course. There is no way to prevent that.

re: "I do not want them to be able to."

if there is something that you don't want anybody to be able to download, then you need to NOT put it online.

There is no way to post things on the Internet and prevent people from copying or downloading it.

That's simply how the Internet works.

And you should always keep this tip in mind:

No matter what privacy setting you use, if you upload something to the Internet, it could be be made public and sent to everybody in the world. That probably won't happen. But it could happen.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths