🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Portfolio pictures resizing, cropping and dow...
Page options
d_sieczka
Community Member

Portfolio pictures resizing, cropping and downloading after clicking instead of opening full size

Hi I've got problems with my portfolio pictures:

1. Pictures was uploaded as 2000x2000px, but in portfolio they're only 1000x1000px.  I've seen in other ppl portfolios that they have large pictures. How I can avoid auto resizing?

2. After clicking on picture, download is intialized insted of open as full size picture. Besides that downloaded file is in weird format, unable to open as picture.

3. I've designed pictures as square, but in mobile they're cropped to 4:3 ratio. Is it requirement to have that kind of ratio? What if I would like to upload vertical picture f.e. web design?

Please help me with those 🙂

12 REPLIES 12
d_sieczka
Community Member

I've just found that file which is downloaded after clicking on portoflio image is actually correct but without proper extension - after adding .JPEG / .PNG at the end of file name I'm able to open it in correct size 2000x2000px.

But I would like to work it properly in my portfolio.

Hi Dariusz,

Thank you for the detailed report. I`ve escalated this to our team to be investigate it further. One of our team members will also reach out to you via ticket and share more details with you as soon as possible. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran I appraciate that.

I wonder if you're able to give me some links to similiar threads, where users got some working tips to solve that kind of problems. I tried to search it on my own, but I can't find any working solutions.

Edit: Actually I found another issue, it looks like you've got specified ratio which I need to keep to got my pictures properly displayed. Image attached.

I wonder why we don't have FAQ with requirements and tips about creating properly displayed porfolio? 

Hi Dariusz,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that our team has reached out to you via a support ticket. You can check out your ticket #27864645 for more information. Please feel free to post any questions on the ticket so that our team can assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Ok, thanks Joanne, but where I can use this ticket to get help? Are you able to provide me any link or advice?

Hi Dariusz,

You can access your ticket on this page

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bilzhere
Community Member

I got the same problem where should i seek help

Can u please guide me

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? Then please retry again. The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can look into this further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
bilzhere
Community Member

Hi
I have tried using some other browsers but the issue remained same i have
attached a screenshot of the figure i wanna add to portfolio please have a
look and guide me the method to resolve my issue kindly.

Hi Muhammmad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your portfolio item. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok thanks

I will be waiting.

Hi i have got a problem whenever a atttach a photo to my porfolio it automatically gets cropped i have attached my recently designed book cover and it was cropped and cut out from the sides the design becomes interupted and also cant resize it  because i will have to resize a lot more photos for that and that will interupt the original photo and its pixels i could not find the solution can anyone please guide me what to do here also i m new on upwork.

Seeking for help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths