🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Possible Phone Call from a Client?
Page options
javiercampo
Community Member

Possible Phone Call from a Client?

Hi everyone,

I want to know if some clients usually would call me on my cellphone after I submitted a proposal? I haven't done any official work yet since no client has contacted me.  However, there was no name displayed and only showed that it was from California.  Next, I usually avoid these calls as they are from an unknown caller.  What do you think, could it have been a client, don't they usually contact anyone here on Upwork via text message?  I assume being a freelance platform and the way it is set up for text messaging, then this would be the safest way to communicate.  Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pudingstudio
Community Member

Javier C wrote:

Hi everyone,

I want to know if some clients usually would call me on my cellphone after I submitted a proposal? I haven't done any official work yet since no client has contacted me.  However, there was no name displayed and only showed that it was from California.  Next, I usually avoid these calls as they are from an unknown caller.  What do you think, could it have been a client, don't they usually contact anyone here on Upwork via text message?  I assume being a freelance platform and the way it is set up for text messaging, then this would be the safest way to communicate.  Thank you.

Why would they have your phone number?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pudingstudio
Community Member

Javier C wrote:

Hi everyone,

Why would they have your phone number?

Your'e right, I got confused, but now I checked and noticed that the profile page doesn't allow to post a phone number, only in the contact info page.  Next, I assume that the profile page is the one client's view, right?

Unless you have given a client your phone number, there is no way for them to have it.

Javier C wrote:

Your'e right, I got confused, but now I checked and noticed that the profile page doesn't allow to post a phone number, only in the contact info page.  Next, I assume that the profile page is the one client's view, right?

Yes.

Plus the proposal you send, but that can see only the client to whom it was send to.

Your e-mail, phone number, street adress and such personal information you've shared with UpWork, that is private data.

When one checks your profile, we see only your profile page (click on the 'View my profile as others see it' link on your profile page and you'll see what others do).

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What do you think, could it have been a client?"

No.

re: "Don't they usually contact anyone here on Upwork via text message?"

No.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths