🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Possible Scam
Page options
Community Member

Possible Scam

Hi! I am new here at upwork and I'm not sure if it's a scam or not.

I submitted a propasal on a typing job and got contacted by them, they asked me to watch a video and if I'm confident enough to do it, I should contact them via mail. I did and they have sent me a link for the application form as well the Terms and conditions and in the Project detail it indicates that there's a "Security fee (will be paid my employee)" and it's refundable on the completion of the assignment, not sure if I understand it correctly but the "employee" is me, right?
I'm suspicious on it because I don't think I should be paying them to get a job.

Should I withdraw my proposal and flag them?

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes! This is a scam! Many have fallen for it and MANY MORE have had to deal with constantly seeing various form of it show up in their feeds repeatedly. Even after they have been flagged and taken down, the exact same posts, verbatim, are posted again and are not removed until freelancers flag them again. Thank you for calling attention to it here and continue to do so when you run across them.

JoanneP

Hi Mary, 

If you see a job or a profile that seems suspicious, you can report it to us using the flagging option. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths