🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Possible scam or legit work?
Page options
wowfactorconcept
Community Member

Possible scam or legit work?

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Upwork and I want to kindly ask you if you can advise me on the following job posting: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am not sure if this job might be a scam or is legit work. I've applied for the job and got an ID and a link for recording 200 short sentences for USD 5 in my native language (Romanian). This is a small amount but I've accepted it so I can start somewhere.

They need the work done ASAP, in 24 hours, and I've agreed to that, yet I don't see my offer accepted by them or similar (is true that this would be my first job on Upwork and I don't know how the process work).

Could you please ask Upwork officials to background check a little bit this employer, to see if this might be a scam or not? I don't want to offend anybody but the link to the job seems to be strange: **Edited for Community Guidelines** etc.

Thank you in advance for a quick answer!

Kind regards,

Mihaela.

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mihaela,

Just to confirm, I`ve escalated the client you`re referring to and our team will investigate it further.

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on an official contract and fulfill the criteria required. You can also check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. 
I would also suggest checking out our resources Here and learning more about getting started on Upwork. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths