cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posted a job, upwork charged paypal in escrow account

7ce34627

Hello,

I posted a job, and upwork charged my paypal account in escrow ; 

My question is how can I change the funding from paypal to visa, that is, I want upwork to release the funds in escrow back to paypal and charge directly my credit card.

second question: what is the email for support @ upwork ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Guru

I'm pretty sure you can't because the freelancer would have to agree to a refund.

One way to do it would be to talk to the freelancer and fund another milestone for the same amount and request a refund for the original. Make sure you make the freelancer agree to it and make it clear in the workroom what you guys are doing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Guru

I'm pretty sure you can't because the freelancer would have to agree to a refund.

One way to do it would be to talk to the freelancer and fund another milestone for the same amount and request a refund for the original. Make sure you make the freelancer agree to it and make it clear in the workroom what you guys are doing.

View solution in original post

There is another issue with upwork,

In my paypal I have 3 Credit Cards,  AMEX, VISA, MC.

I have paid Upwork jobs using AMEX

now I have changed in PAYPAL as MC to be my preferred, but upwork still automatically charges to my AMEX.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fazal,

It looks like you removed your PayPal account from your Billing methods and added a new method. It also looks like you have resolved the issue of previous funding with your freelancer. Please, let us know if you have any further questions or contact customer support for any additional assistance.

~ Valeria
Upwork