Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting job offers as a freelancer?

min-m
Mindaugas M Member Since: Apr 8, 2017
1 of 12

Hey,

I signed up for Upwork couple years ago as a freelancer, but now I find myself in a need to hire others to help with a personal project.

How do I go about this? Is there a way to post job offers for personal projects with a freelancer account?

Apparently, I can't register as both a freelancer and a job poster with a same email. Does that mean my other details wont be accepted as well?

I'd love to get a response what's the suggested way to go about it.

Cheers!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 12

Hi Mindaugas

Yes your able to post jobs even if your working as freelancer. More information about this can be found on this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

25502aa4
Ann M Member Since: Dec 11, 2018
3 of 12

I looked at the instructions as posted, but my account, settings, my info, does not have a button 'create account', so........... not too helpful. Any other suggestions on how to get registered as both client and freelancer?

g_vasilevski
4 of 12

Hi Ann,

I`m sorry about the confusion, I checked your account and the Create a New Account button is under My Info at your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 12

You only can have one Upwork account. But within that account, you can create client company profiles. You can then act as a client and hire freelancers on Upwork. Which is a great thing to do!

I have learned so much about how to be a better freelancer by hiring other freelancers.

I understand the client experience better.

And I have had excellent Upwork freelancers help me do things I never could have done on my own.

no1-copilot
Kera M Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
6 of 12

has the process for creating a company changed? i cannot find this option anywhere in my profile... or is it just because i'm still on "free" version? 

thanks.

g_vasilevski
7 of 12

Hi Kera,

Our process is still the same, if you would like to hire others as a client:

1. Click the Accounts menu and choose Settings.
  2. Click the Create a company link at the bottom of the settings list on the left.
  3. Choose Create a client company.

If you need further help let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
rajeshwarreddy99
Rajeshwar R Member Since: May 29, 2020
8 of 12

I dont see an option to post a job. I created my account as a freelancer.

I dont see an option to register as a client. Please check the screenshot to see what options i have, in my settings page.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 12

Hi Rajeshwar,

You need to have a client account in order to post a job and hire a freelancer for your Job. You can be a client and a freelancer using the same account. Please check out this help article for more information on how to create a client account on your current account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rajeshwarreddy99
Rajeshwar R Member Since: May 29, 2020
10 of 12

Got it, thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS