Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting job offers as a freelancer?

Highlighted
Mindaugas M Member Since: Apr 8, 2017
1 of 10

Hey,

I signed up for Upwork couple years ago as a freelancer, but now I find myself in a need to hire others to help with a personal project.

How do I go about this? Is there a way to post job offers for personal projects with a freelancer account?

Apparently, I can't register as both a freelancer and a job poster with a same email. Does that mean my other details wont be accepted as well?

I'd love to get a response what's the suggested way to go about it.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

Hi Mindaugas

Yes your able to post jobs even if your working as freelancer. More information about this can be found on this Help Article.

Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ann M Member Since: Dec 11, 2018
3 of 10

I looked at the instructions as posted, but my account, settings, my info, does not have a button 'create account', so........... not too helpful. Any other suggestions on how to get registered as both client and freelancer?

Highlighted
4 of 10

Hi Ann,

I`m sorry about the confusion, I checked your account and the Create a New Account button is under My Info at your end. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 10

You only can have one Upwork account. But within that account, you can create client company profiles. You can then act as a client and hire freelancers on Upwork. Which is a great thing to do!

I have learned so much about how to be a better freelancer by hiring other freelancers.

I understand the client experience better.

And I have had excellent Upwork freelancers help me do things I never could have done on my own.

Highlighted
Kera M Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
6 of 10

has the process for creating a company changed? i cannot find this option anywhere in my profile... or is it just because i'm still on "free" version? 

thanks.

Highlighted
7 of 10

Hi Kera,

Our process is still the same, if you would like to hire others as a client:

1. Click the Accounts menu and choose Settings.
  2. Click the Create a company link at the bottom of the settings list on the left.
  3. Choose Create a client company.

If you need further help let me know, thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Rajeshwar R Member Since: May 29, 2020
8 of 10

I dont see an option to post a job. I created my account as a freelancer.

I dont see an option to register as a client. Please check the screenshot to see what options i have, in my settings page.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 10

Hi Rajeshwar,

You need to have a client account in order to post a job and hire a freelancer for your Job. You can be a client and a freelancer using the same account. Please check out this help article for more information on how to create a client account on your current account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Rajeshwar R Member Since: May 29, 2020
10 of 10

Got it, thanks.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS