🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Potential Negative Feed Back
Page options
zandzfreelance
Community Member

Potential Negative Feed Back

I had a potential client discuss with me what they wanted and I had initially agreed. They wanted to have reviews, that they had written, to post on the ebooks they publish to boost sales. I figured it could be quick cash until something much bigger and long term comes along. The issue at hand was the client didn't understand that the ebooks he was asking me to "review" were on the Kindle Unlimited. I tried to clarify this with him that I could use this feature, he stated that it needed to be purchased. I purchased said paperback, however, had no intention of reading the book as the subject matter is not something that I would ever purchase. I had to decline the offer as his description was not clear on the purchasing or using of Unlimited. 

How can I get an initial bad feedback removed? 

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
m_sharman
Community Member

Did you decline an offer? Or an end a contract?

If you declined an offer, there is nothing to be concerned about, he can't leave feedback for an interview.

If you ended a contract with no money paid, that will negatively impact your JSS (if you have one).

It's an unfortunate situation, but as you spend more time on the platform, you'll learn what questions to ask before you accept a contract that may be a poor fit.

petra_r
Community Member

Zenda L wrote:

I had a potential client discuss with me what they wanted and I had initially agreed. They wanted to have reviews, that they had written, to post on the ebooks they publish to boost sales. I figured it could be quick cash......

If you had no contract, (meaning you declined the offer) no feedback can be left.

Also, writing Amazon reviews for payment violates Amazon's and Upwork's terms of service, is fraudulent and unethical and Amazon have already sued over 1000 freelancers for it.

Personally, as an Amazon customer who relies on reviews, I'd like Upwork to kick out any client and any freelancer who does something so shady.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths