🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Premium refund
Page options
61e8c156
Community Member

Premium refund

I was charged for upwork premium today and I did not want to have a premium membership. I tried to cancel it and it did not issue a refund. Please advice how to do so, I do not want to go through the charge back process.
9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Justin B wrote:
I was charged for upwork premium today and I did not want to have a premium membership. I tried to cancel it and it did not issue a refund.

So why did you choose it? (Whatever "it" is as there is no such thing as a "premium membership.")

Justin B wrote:
, I do not want to go through the charge back process.

No, you don't. Getting suspended and debt collectors knocking on the door is such a terrible bore.

61e8c156
Community Member

There is a premium membership. I did not select to be enrolled in it today,
I have not signed into upwork for weeks and just received this email

Hi Justin,
You're now officially subscribed to Upwork Plus!
petra_r
Community Member

Justin B wrote:
There is a premium membership. I did not select to be enrolled in it today,
I have not signed into upwork for weeks and just received this email

Hi Justin,
You're now officially subscribed to Upwork Plus!

So you agreed to a free trial of Upwork Plus (not "premium") , which explained that unless you cancel it, you will be charged for it and that is what happened.

Just cancel it and you won't be charged again next month.

61e8c156
Community Member

I already have done that. I did not want to be charged with to begin with
though and would like a refund for the charge that just happened today.

Hi Justin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist further, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
21d70c67
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

I had the same issue as Justin where i was not aware i was enrolling in the premium or plus account service. I am just interested in the free service for now, and i cancelled this plus service  as soon as i received notification of the charge. Could you please tell me what i need in order to receive a refund? thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicolas, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have the same issue I paid for agency premium by mistake 

Hi MOHAMED,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths