🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Prepay for additional required paid modul...
Page options
svcoder
Community Member

Prepay for additional required paid modules

Hello.

The main condition is "PAYMENT THROUGH SERVICE UPWORK"
But to solve some problems it is often necessary to offer the client software products, modules, CMS, which are paid. And already on the basis of the acquired product to do the settings, improvements.
How to be in such cases?

For some software products, the developer has partner discounts on which the developer can also earn. How to be?

Those. need full prepayment for additional software product.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
resultsassoc
Community Member

Vladimir,

Do you need project-specific sotware to do this client's work, but have no other use for it? Ask the client to buy a license and transfer it to you. If the software has other uses in your line of work, buy it and don't bill anyone. I don't pay the carpenter for his tools.

If the client needs the software in order to be able to use your work, tell him to buy a license and let you install it remotely. You can make customized changes during installation. If you invoice the client for the software license, UW will collect fees on his payment and you lose money on the transaction.

You are free to contact the software house offering discounts to partners and explain the situation that it is the client who will pay for the license. Were I running the software house, I'd say "no" to getting discount points for other people's purchases. If you wasted my time by arguing about that, I'd terminate your membership in the program.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yitwail
Community Member

Vladimir, the best way is for the client to order the required software then send you the download link, license key, etc. If not, the client has to send you a payment through Upwork, perhaps as a bonus, and the amount must be large enough that it’s enough to pay for the software after deducting Upwork’s fee. So explain the two choices to the client and let them know Upwork disallows direct payment from the client to you.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Unfortunately, the client is not profitable to pay more for the Upwork service. It is better to buy it directly.

resultsassoc
Community Member

Vladimir,

Do you need project-specific sotware to do this client's work, but have no other use for it? Ask the client to buy a license and transfer it to you. If the software has other uses in your line of work, buy it and don't bill anyone. I don't pay the carpenter for his tools.

If the client needs the software in order to be able to use your work, tell him to buy a license and let you install it remotely. You can make customized changes during installation. If you invoice the client for the software license, UW will collect fees on his payment and you lose money on the transaction.

You are free to contact the software house offering discounts to partners and explain the situation that it is the client who will pay for the license. Were I running the software house, I'd say "no" to getting discount points for other people's purchases. If you wasted my time by arguing about that, I'd terminate your membership in the program.

Bill H wrote:

Vladimir,

Well put, but you do pay the carpenter for his materials.

Thank.

I will contact with a partner. I hope he will give this opportunity.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths