🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Private Job Feedback Question
Page options
ec20820c
Community Member

Private Job Feedback Question

After I completed the most recent job on my profile, the client ended the contract and gave me a five-star rating and a review. But, I think the client has made the job private now and the review is not being shown on my profile.

As I have stupidly gotten my job success rate lowered at the start of my upwork profile doing some horrible jobs, how will this rating of a job that has been made private affect my score. This should affect my score positively, right? as I did receive a five-star rating for this.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Hamza,

I manually generated your profile so you should be seeing all of the latest information now. If the client has set the contract you're referring to Private, please note that it will still count towards your JSS and will be included in the calculations. Also, please remember to consider, that the influence of other contracts added to or aged out of the calculations during the same period of time, will also have an effect on your score together with this particular contract.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AndreaG

Hi Hamza,

I manually generated your profile so you should be seeing all of the latest information now. If the client has set the contract you're referring to Private, please note that it will still count towards your JSS and will be included in the calculations. Also, please remember to consider, that the influence of other contracts added to or aged out of the calculations during the same period of time, will also have an effect on your score together with this particular contract.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ec20820c
Community Member

Thank you!

ec20820c
Community Member

I had one more question, do feedbacks from jobs that are long term and currently still active count towards your JSS?

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Hamza,

Thanks!

Hi Hamza,

Yes! Long-term contracts can improve your score. These longer-term relationships count positively toward the JSS even before they are closed because they indicate client satisfaction. You can check this here. However, if you're referring to Mid-Contract Feedback, then no. Clients will still have the option to leave feedback when a contract ends, and that feedback will continue to be factored into your JSS.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

i think i have the same problem, i have some awesome feedback, but is not visible on my profile. The job was an invite only - does this mean i am the only one able to see the feedback left, as on my profile it says "no feedback given"

a bit confused with how it works as have never had an issue with feedback appearing on my profile in the past, so thought id reach out.

Kindest Regards

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

I checked the recently ended contract, and it looks like the feedback is already showing on your profile. Could you please check again? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,

It is ! It appeared not to long after i posted in the forum - im so sorry
to waste your time!

Kindest regards
Sabrina

Hi Andrea

i think i have also the same problem, i have some awesome feedback, but is not visible to other clients as its private job probably. Also my JSS is not event increase after 5 days period. It would be very helpful if you give some solution.

Thanks.

Banna

Hi Hanasul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you're referring to a Direct Contract with a client, sharing feedback is not an option for this type of Contract. Please note that the Upwork system takes snapshots of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is your JSS and your profile.

Four different Job Success Scores are calculated every two weeks:

• Your average JSS during the past 24 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 12 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 6 months
  • And your “Trending JSS,” which we calculate by adding your average JSS for the past 6 months with your average JSS for the past 3 months, then divide in half.

Note that any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time (up to 24 months). I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
80fb2881
Community Member

hi there,

i have same issue the client give me  awesome feedback, but is not visible on my profile. The job was an invite only - does this mean i am the only one able to see the feedback left, as on my profile it says "no feedback given"

regards,

mahmoud

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your profile and saw the feedback of your client. Can you please check? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

hi there, 

It appeare now !
sorey to waste your time!

thank you for your  reply. 

regards. 

mahmoud 
Kindest regards

sabah_90
Community Member

Greetings, 

I am facing this too. The client gave me  feedback but it is not visible on my profile. Job is still in progress . And it says private job. I want to show my feedback given by the client . Please help ! 
Thank you .

Kind Regards 

Hi Sabah,

Thank you for your message. I see that your Mid contract feedback is already visible on your Upwork profile under In progress job.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your prompt response. The job and feedback isn't public . I am unable to share it and can't see this job under job in progress when I log out .

Thank you 

Hi Sabah,

Please note that this can't be changed. This is because the client when creating the job post, set it to private. This means that it can only be seen by Upwork users.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths