🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problem Adding Phone Number for New Account
Page options
creativli
Community Member

Problem Adding Phone Number for New Account

I am trying to add my phone number but it says that it is being used on another profile but I closed the account that I had years ago.

5 REPLIES 5
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. I cannot add my phone number to the new account after closing old account. 

Hi Amanda,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further. Please note that having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. If your account is closed, you can always contact us and we can reopen the account for you.

Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

So the member above wasn't violating any policies? I am confused. She received the assistance from an employee that she needed. The old account was deleted, as it was for a completely different skill set and I no longer have access to that email address. I tried contacting upwork, but there is no phone number to reach you, only the autobot, and that was not helpful. So please, don't scold me for something I didn't know. I don't have multiple accounts, just this one. That's all. 

Hi Amanda,

I apologize if you feel offended with my response. I had posted additional information on my reply as this is a public forum, and this information may be helpful to other freelancers too.

As I have mentioned earlier, I have escalated your concern to the Customer Support Team. I checked and it looks like they already reached out to you to sort this out. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out here in the Community, and our team will be happy to help you!

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths