🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problem finding new job posts
Page options
4dac9f4a
Community Member

Problem finding new job posts

Hi 

I'm new to upwork and I can't see new job posts. All the jobs I see are at least posted 12 hours ago. 

Can anyone please help me regarding this? 

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shanzay, 

I checked your account, and I can see jobs that were listed a few minutes ago. Could you please clear your browser's cookies to see if this will refresh your job feed? 

Also, it doesn't look like you have saved filters on your job feed. The jobs showing on "My Feed" are based on the filters of your Saved Search. However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. It means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched.

Since categories are broad (i.e., Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not strictly relevant to what you want to see.

I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving jobs from time to time.  However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes time to fetch the results.

~ Avery
Upwork
4dac9f4a
Community Member

I've cleared cookies, but nothing happened. I just noticed a strange thing. The jobs that my laptop is showing me as posted 12 hours ago are posted minutes or an hour ago when I checked on my mobile. Secondly it's 11:18 AM now (my local time). The same time is showing on profile when I open in my laptop but on my mobile it's 11:18 PM. I think this could be the reason but how should I fix it? 

Both of my devices are set on the right time. 

Hi Shanzay,

I would recommend to check and update your timezone on your profile both via a computer and your mobile device. You can do this by going to Settings > Contact Info. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

I've already checked that. My profile on both devices is set on same timezone.

Hi Shanzay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your job feed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths