cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in getting a project

Anna P Member Since: Apr 25, 2017
1 of 11

Hello! I have been working here for about four months but I've got only one project. I have never received any offer from those clients whom I write myself. In spite of having already one good feedback, nobody hires me. Several times I got offers to be a teacher, but I'd rather do translation projects. Please, tell me what my problem is.

Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
2 of 11

Hi Anna,

Your profile looks good to me, but I am not a translator. Maybe some of the translators on the board can give you more advice. Sorry for the lack of help.

3 of 11

Thank you!

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
4 of 11

@Anna P wrote:

Hello! I have been working here for about four months but I've got only one project. I have never received any offer from those clients whom I write myself. In spite of having already one good feedback, nobody hires me. Several times I got offers to be a teacher, but I'd rather do translation projects. Please, tell me what my problem is.

Anna,

If you don't want to clients to approach you for teaching, then remove it from your profile overview.

I'd also correct the grammatical error(s) you have there as well. 

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
5 of 11

Anna,

Here's a couple of things I noticed (highlighted in red) as I'm very confident Kat did as well.  Also, it's far more her area of specialization than mine; but I noticed.

"Hello! My name is Anna. I'm a professional translator and an English teacher.  _____ have a Master's degree in foreign languages from Karazin Kharkov National University. I have good experience of translating and teaching. I promise to be responsible and accurate. I'm glad to help you!"

6 of 11

Thank you so much!

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
7 of 11

Anna,

I suggest to also put some samples into your portfolio.

8 of 11

Thank you!

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 11

Anna, I'm a translation client. I also recommend that you add some samples to your portfolio. If you don't have any samples you're allowed to use from clients, you can use text in the public domain (e.g. books on Project Gutenberg or Google Books) and translate small samples.

Your profile is okay, but it's very short. You could perhaps expand on your "good experience" and talk about exactly what that experience is. You can also remove the "Hello! My name is..." from the start. The client can already see your name.

10 of 11

Thank you so much! It's very helpful.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS