🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problem uploading profile picture
Page options
a_begho
Community Member

Problem uploading profile picture

Hi there,

I am trying to create a profile but am unable to upload a profile picture. I  have tried several, but having problems with uploading all pictures. Are you able to help with this?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Abi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abi,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible.

If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abi,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible.

If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a_begho
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your help. I used a different browser and that worked. Much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Abi

This is still a problem.  Maybe just fix it on your end, I cant complete my profile, I can't do anything because the face recognition software you have is awful

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will,

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to successfully upload your profile photo. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if it's showing on your end?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Apologies, but I am having the same issue. I have tried clearing my cache, stripping the EXIF data, changing the image size and type, to no avail. It clearly shows my face. Please let me know what else I can do. I've attached the image so you can see what it looks like.

Hi Llywelyn, 

I can see why there may be issues with uploading your photo. When uploading a profile photo to Upwork clear, headshot-style photos work best. Just the same, I'll share your account information with the team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
luke_rima
Community Member

I'm having serious problems uploading my profile picture so I can complete my profile. Can someone please help me, you can email me(**Edited for community guidelines**) This the picture I'm trying to upload for my profile picture.

received_743988532728378.jpeg

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luke,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
luke_rima
Community Member

Hi Bojan, I've done all that I put it on 250px and still it would not upload, that's why I sent the photo image that I'm wanting to upload for my profile picture is there a way that someone can do it for me. Thank you!!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luke,

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with uploading your profile photo.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
luke_rima
Community Member

Hi Bojan, Thank you very much for your quick response to my request for assistance in uploading my profile picture. I will be waiting for an agent to contact me.

shanexo
Community Member

Ive tried everything please help with this one too

Hi Shane,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

What is 250px x 250px, and how to I determine my photo matches this criteria? Unfortuantely, I am not a graphic designer and have no idea what this means or how to find this out, much less ensure the picture meets this critera.  I am able to determine size, but this does not appear to be a mb or kb measurement.

Hi Jessica,

It looks like you were able to upload your profile photo. You can check this help article for the tips for choosing a great portrait photo.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cc236cae
Community Member

Hi!

I also have the same problem where i cannot upload my profile picture. I have tried with different photos but none of them worked even though the photos only contain my face and nothing else. 

Is there a chance you can upload the image I have put below as my profile picture. 

Kind Regards.

IMG_7203.jpg

Hi Berkay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to upload your profile photo. Could you please confirm if you need our further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8325a91f
Community Member

Hello! Please I can't upload my profile picture and I've tried every possible solution listed here, what do I do next?

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties uploading your profile picture. I've shared your report with the team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Feel free to access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
aaron_mihell
Community Member

Hi,

I have a profile image I wish to have on my account but it won't accept it because it can't detect my face. the photo clearly shows my face so I was wondering if you would be able to help me out?

Hi Aaron,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

The file is the correct size and format because it allows me to upload and crop the image but when I continue to add it says that it can’t find a face. I have also tried different browsers and cleared my cache but it still isn’t working.

Would you be able to override it and upload it to my profile as it meets the regulations?

Thanks

Thank you for following up, Aaron.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with uploading your new profile photo. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a078ce3d
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm having trouble uploading my profile picture. It says it can't detect my face though it clearly shows my face on a neutral background. I've tried using a different browser but it hasn't helped. Please let me know if someone can assist with this. 

Best, 

Kokie 

Hi Kokie,

Your profile picture should accurately reflect who you are, and it should look like you. It should be a close up image with a focus on your head and shoulders, and clearly show your full face. As you are having issues with uploading your image, could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists after trying that so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Elance,

I did all of that and it still doesn't work. The image i am using is full
face and very clear. Please see attached.

-Kokie

Hi Kokie,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
6aaf3ef1
Community Member

I have tried several times yet I cannot upload my picture please help 

Hi Victoria,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while uploading a profile picture. Could you please tell us more about the challenges faced by you while performing this action? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths