🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problem with English: Fluent Verified Badge
Page options
sleeplessheart
Community Member

Problem with English: Fluent Verified Badge

Hello,

I face an unsolved problem with the English: Fluent Verification Badge. It never appeared to me. I contacted Upwork several times and they said I should receive 3 or more fluency in English rating from 3 different clients to get the badge. I contacted few clients to verify that. They told me there is no such thing when they ended contracts. A screenshot is attached. Upwork support via chat is not very helpful. They told me that it is not possible to reveal information about the problem. Can I have some help from here please? I attched the page that appears to my clients when ending the contracts.

Shot.png

4 REPLIES 4
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

@ Shehata -- Based on your post above, I would rate your English as somewhere between "Conversational" and "Fluent," tending toward "Conversational." The problem may be that clients (also) do not consider you to be truly fluent in the English language. Your ideas are clearly understandable, but your control of grammar, word choice, and idiom is quite weak. (The only sentence that you have written, above, without any errors, is: "A screenshot is attached." Most of your sentences contain multiple obvious errors, of various types.)

Hello Janean,

I know my English is not a fluent one, but as you said, it is at least conversational, But that is not the problem, as the rating is all based on client's review. There is no such a thing to rate fluency while a client is ending the contract. I think there is a bug with Upwork system, and when I contacted the Support Team, they did not offer much help.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Shehata,

I'm sorry to hear that. I could see that you have an open ticket regarding this issue. All your concerns will be responded in the ticket. Thank you.

Untitled

Thank you Ryan. This is the second ticket on the same problem.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths