🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problem with a client
Page options
draga_p
Community Member

Problem with a client

Good Good morning.
I have a problem with a client. I got an offer for a job and this is the job post: "**Edited for Community Guidelines**."
I accepted it. The job started on September 13th. After few attemps, I done what client wanted - create a oil paint photo from six different photos of a six different dog. The client was thrilled. He also wanted me also to make a t-shirt design. I did it, too.
He was satisfied, release the milestone and let a nice review.
The job was ended on September 18-th.
Then the problems started. The t-shirt desing was too pale, too dark, with sharp edges, without sharp edges, too small, with lines, with stroke... I did everything he asked me. And I did it all after ending our contract just to help him.
He just wasn't happy.
And this morning, I got a message - he wants his money back.
Can you, please, tell me what to do? I have already contacted the Upowork support and waiting for their reply.
Thank you in advance,
Draga **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

1 REPLY 1
colettelewis
Community Member

@Draga P wrote:

Good Good morning.
I have a problem with a client. I got an offer for a job and this is the job post: "**Edited for Community Guidelines**."
I accepted it. The job started on September 13th. After few attemps, I done what client wanted - create a oil paint photo from six different photos of a six different dog. The client was thrilled. He also wanted me also to make a t-shirt design. I did it, too.
He was satisfied, release the milestone and let a nice review.
The job was ended on September 18-th.
Then the problems started. The t-shirt desing was too pale, too dark, with sharp edges, without sharp edges, too small, with lines, with stroke... I did everything he asked me. And I did it all after ending our contract just to help him.
He just wasn't happy.
And this morning, I got a message - he wants his money back.
Can you, please, tell me what to do? I have already contacted the Upowork support and waiting for their reply.
Thank you in advance,
Draga **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

As far as you are concerned the job is finished. You have already gone way beyond what the client originally wanted. Send a polite letter saying you cannot comply with his request and refuse to refund him. 

The downside to this, is that  a client can request a refund within 180 days of the contract ending. However, as he gave you a five-star rating and said that he was pleased with your work (we don't know what he said privately), I would absolutely refuse to refund him and take it to arbitration if necessary. This would be expensive for you too,  but I doubt if your client would want to pay out the $298  arbitration fee. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths