🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Problem with accounts
Page options
amirdrljevic
Community Member

Problem with accounts

Hello, I have a gmail account and I believe that I created a profile here last year using that gmail address and I didnt use it.

Recently I decided to come back to upwork... When I try to log in with my gmail address, it doesnt recognize it. Also, if I try to create new account using this same gmail address, it says it is already in use. Can you help me?

Right now I am using account created by a hotmail address. I need to change my email address so that I can connect upwork profile with paypal account which is on gmail. Please help me with this! Thank you very much,

Greetings from Bosnia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Amir, I was able to locate the original account of yours registered with gmail address. It looks like you closed that account. Would you like us to re-open that account so you could use it again? You will then be able to close the new account you created.
~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
renata101
Community Member

Hi Amir,

I'm not sure if it would be better to submit a ticket to Customer Service to find out about the old account. I'm not sure how quickly questions are answered here, so submitting a ticket might be faster.

Here are some instructions about how to do that that one of the other freelancers posted. I think the options you might choose after clicking the "get help" button are "account" and then choose "other" in the pulldown menu.

I hope that helps. It's not the most straightforward system to navigate.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/Submit-CS-Ticket-An-Easier-Way/m-p/434207#M35797

Hi Renata, 

Thank you very much for your kindness. Valeria offered to solve the situation. 

Kind regards, 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Amir, I was able to locate the original account of yours registered with gmail address. It looks like you closed that account. Would you like us to re-open that account so you could use it again? You will then be able to close the new account you created.
~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

Thank you very much for your help. I think I should keep this new account because I have already started applying for jobs. 

Can you deactivate and delete the old gmail account? That way I can enter that same gmail address into this new account. I need it because of paypal. 

Thank you very much

Greetings from Bosnia

Amir,

Unfortunately, once an email address is registered with an Upwork account, it can't be unlinked from it and can't be used with other accounts. That's why, we can only offer to re-open your original account and close the new one.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Oh, so sorry to hear that 😞 😞

But what do I do with these applications I made on this new account? 

Or maybe, if you re activate my old account, then I could change email there... and then my gmail would be free to use here? Could that be?

thank you for helping me

Amir,

Even if you change an email on your old account, the original email you register with it will still be linked with it and won't be able to be added to the new account. In order to close your new account, you'll need to withdraw the proposals. Once we re-open your old account, you should be able to use to send proposals to jobs. Please, confirm if you'd like us to proceed with re-opening your account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

oh ok, do it then.... 

Shall I deactivate this new account or you will do it ?

Hello,

Ok, I am ready. You can activate my old account. 

Thanks

Hi Amir,

Thank you for confirming, our team will follow up with you soon and assist you with closing the new account and reopening your original one.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you Vladimir,

Hi Vladimir G,

I deleted my original account (client account) because I didn't want to create a client account but a freelance account. But when creating a new account (freelance account), I could not reuse my email address (from the deleted client account). How to do ?

Thank you in advance

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles,

Each user is only allowed one account, but both freelancer and client contexts can exist under the same account. I will send you a private message to work on resolving this. 

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Valeria

I deleted my original account (client account) because I didn't want to create a client account but a freelance account. But when creating a new account (freelance account), I could not reuse my email address (from the deleted client account). How to do ?

Thank you in advance

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles,

Please check your private messages here in the Community.

Cheers,
Mike

Hello ma'am!
I made an acoount using my gmail but then closed that account without using it because i wanted my user name changed according to the one on gmail.. 
Can you please re-activate that account now?

Hi Hamna,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Aizaz here I am having the same issue can you please help me with it? I want to reopen my account.

Hi Aizaz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok sir the account which I wish to reopen is registered with the email below:-

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

i want to reopen my Upwork account with my google linked id 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad Rehan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Cheers,
Mike

Hello, can I re-open my previous account that I accidentally delete

Hi Oliven,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi sir. my original email account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have an upwork account last 2017 registered to my email. I I haven't used that account for about four years. But now that I am trying to log in to that account, it says that upwork does not recognize my email. I made a new account now with another email but I really want to use the original one because it is linked with my payment methods. Thank you.

Hi Siena,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Got it. Thank you!

Hi! I haven't received any ticket or messages so far. I really need to re-open my old account. Thank you.

Hi Siena,

Our team just reached out to you via new ticket and you should be able to view on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran!

I have the same issue. Can anyone help me?

Hello Yurii,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Pradeep, I've sent you a message on Monday, but haven't received a response yet. I really need to re-open my old account.

Google account k...8@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

can you help me as well please? Would like to reopen this account

Hi Kim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am new to upwork and was trying to log out of my account but accidentally selected to close my account instead and now i cannot log in. I was forced to create a new account and rejoin upwork but is there any way for my first account to be reopened and this new one closed? And if an account is closed and out of use why is it not possible to sign back up with the same email??

Google account k...8@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

shahriyar2000
Community Member

I have a similar problem. I made an account with my Gmail **Edited for Community Guidelines** But then decided to delete it before completing my profile because I wanted to change my Title. Now when I try to sign up with this email, upwork says that the account is already in use. When I try to sign in, upwork says incorrect username and when I try to sign in from gooogle it says "Google account s...0@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked." I want to make a new account on the same Gmail **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths