🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problem with getting paid in LEBANON
Page options
alinenassar
Community Member

Problem with getting paid in LEBANON

Hello! can someone help me with the payment method I have 2 problems.
1- I live in Lebanon, and the bank account is not under the same as my upwork accout name 
2- I get hired for a project with a small budget so i can't use the wire transfer since the fee is much bigger than the amount needed.

I would really appreciate your help.

18 REPLIES 18
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aline,

You can use any bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. If you’d like to explore other ways to receive your payments, you can check the payment method options available to you by clicking on “Add Method” in the “Get Paid” section of your Upwork account (under “Settings”).

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cddbf7b6
Community Member

Hello Aline,

I live in Lebanon as well, and it happens that I am facing the same problem. Were you able to find a solution to this issue?

Hello Joelle,

did you withdrew your money from upwork? if yes please can you tell me how?

thank you,

elias61
Community Member

Hi Aline,

I live in lebanon also , and i never withdrew money from upwork yet , i was planning on opening a fresh account to withdraw them.

can you tell me more about the challenges you are facing while withdrawing money from bank?

Hello Elias,

Hope you're doing well.

I would like to know if you withdrew your earnings from Upwork or not yet. If not, do you know if someone is able to withdraw during this pandemic without any issues?

Thank you so much. And have a great week.

Hadi

Hi Hadi ,

Yes , i went and opened an "external account" in the bank for fresh funds , and i was able to transfer with no issue , there is a couple of forms that you need to sign , and you need to provide statement of earning , it was straight forward and easy .

Community Member

can you please tell me which bank??

4d2b729f
Community Member

Hi, $30 were deducted as a service fee correct?
mg018
Community Member

hi elias,
Hope your doing well.

so you just have to make a fresh dollar account in the bank and that's it? after that you can easly transfer your funds to the bank acc and then withdraw it.

Hi, please can you please tell us which bank and how much they took here inadittion to the 30$ ?

Hello Elias,
Can you tell me which bank?

Hi guys!

I just want to share my experience in withdrawing money from Lebanese banks.

The best option for you is to have a fresh USD account and transfer payments via Wire Transfer. (It is preferable to withdraw a large amount at one time because of the 30$ fee)

Simply try to get a fresh account, (I have a fresh account in Bank Audi - Visa card) but other banks work too, and then the bank will require details about the work, so send him the certificate of earnings, and make sure that the info in the bank account matches the info in your Upwork account. (Residence, name, etc...)

I hope that helps!

13a14706
Community Member

Hi Elias , 

Kindly can you tell me please in which bank you made an account?  

I went to more than  bank ,and they said they can't unless I get a permission from the ministry of finance. 

raydan_h
Community Member

Hello Elias, rj3t l2yt shi taree2a la tal3 fresh dollar account? If yes please tell me how..
4830b1bb
Community Member

Hello,

I am living in Lebanon as well and would be pleased if you could guide me on the payment methods here. 

Hi Cynthia, you can find out which payment methods are available in your country by going to User Settings > Get Paid. Check out this article for more info.

~Andrea
Upwork
farchoukh
Community Member

Dear Mrs. Aline,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the process of receiving payments from Upwork. Specifically, I am wondering if I need to create a new and fresh account in order to receive payments, or if creating an OMT card in dollars would be sufficient.

Additionally, I am curious if Payoneer is a viable option for receiving payments in Lebanon. If you have any information on this topic, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Finally, I wanted to ask about wire bank transfers and whether this is a feasible option for receiving payments. Any information or guidance you can provide on this matter would be extremely helpful.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing back from you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Fadi

e9b26948
Community Member

Hello, what is the best payment method to Lebanon and where can I get the information needed for it?

Thank you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths