🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Problem with my balance and w-8ben
Page options
mattiabontade
Community Member

Problem with my balance and w-8ben

Hi everyone, please help me.
I'm new here, and yesterday I got my first contract and i've earn my first money here. The point is that my balance is still at 0. Maybe the problem is the w-8Ben, but I think to done things on the correct way. Please somebody helps me!

9 REPLIES 9
dreamseller
Community Member

All earnings goes through a 5 days standard sucurity period before it become available for withdrawal. Go to Report>Overview and click on the pending amount to view the date when it will be available. 

petra_r
Community Member

@Mattia B wrote:
The point is that my balance is still at 0. Maybe the problem is the w-8Ben, but I think to done things on the correct way. Please somebody helps me!

Go to "Reports > Overview"

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

When I click on "pending date" this is what I see "The page you were looking for doesn't exist"

Hi Mattia,

I just checked this for you and I wasn't able to replicate the issue you described. Please try to clear your cache and cookies or try using another browser to check if you`re able to see the status of your payment by clicking on the 'Reports' tab and then clicking on 'Overview', funds for your work are currently in the Pending tab. If you're still experiencing the same issues on your end, let us know. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Nothing.. my balance is always 0..

Hi Mattia,

I checked your account and it looks like your balance is currently pending. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. They become available after the standard five-day security period.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Ok, I'll wait. And what about my w8ben? It's all ok? Are you able to see if
my profile is, 100% good?

Hi Mattia,

The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Please go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions compiled in this  thread, designed to help new users on Upwork. Please check out the following links for tips on improving your profile:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

~ Joanne
Upwork

My taxes are good, I've complete everything. But I still don't seeknow my
money
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths