🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problem with open contracts with clients.
Page options
per4oo
Community Member

Problem with open contracts with clients.

I have a few contracts with clients that don't give me work any more, and they are all unresponsive when asked to end the open contract. What is going to happen with those contracts? For how long are they going to stay open on my profile. I dont want to end those contracts since i have red that its better to contact the client and let them know but they are unresponsive there is nothing else i can do.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Petar,

To learn more details about your Job success score and the factors that are included in the calculation check out this Help Article. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Petar,

I can advise you to consider closing a contract or two every two weeks, while completing new contracts to help avoid creating a pattern of contracts without feedback.

~ Goran
Upwork

But am I not going to get my succes rate decrease because of that? I have red that somewhere in here.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Petar,

To learn more details about your Job success score and the factors that are included in the calculation check out this Help Article. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Great thanks.

Petar:

Yes, closing contracts yourself and ending up with zero feedback because the client is gone WILL lower your job success score if there is a prominent pattern of zero feèdback contracts. But if you have only a few of them here and there it won't lower your score.

So do as Goran suggests... Close them yourself, but not all at once.

In the future you CAN be proactive and try to avoid this.

Try not to let there be long lags in billing time for a client. Keep working for the client regularly to fulfill all their requests and ideas. And if there's nothing at all they're asking for, suggest what you can so next for them. If they don't have anything, ask them to close the contract, and point out they can easily find you on Upwork and set up a new contract if they need you in the future.

Thanks for the tips Preston!!

I have just ended 1 of the 4 open contracts i have on my profile but as you said i should not end them all at once. Can you please tell me approximately how much time i should wait between i end another contract? Thanks

Well, it is not a factor of TIME.

It is the RATIO.

Upwork does not provide its precise formula.

Personally, I am comfortable with a ratio as high as one out of four contracts without feedback. Not ideal, of course... But if you need to close some yourself, that's what you need to do.

Oh got it thanks!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths