🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problem with the Google 1-click sign-in
Page options
0dd61fdc
Community Member

Problem with the Google 1-click sign-in

Hello!

I am having a problem with the Google 1-click sign-in. I can't log in on the desktop app with it.

I wanted to remove it from Settings > Connected Services but I don't know if I'll lose access to my account.

Currently, the only way I can sign in is with the Google sign-in (I registered my account using this option).

I see the solution that is given here in the forum (removing the Google connection) and signing with your username but I don't believe I have a username.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Lazar L.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Lazar,

Yes, I'm sure that you won't lose the access to your account. Please note that you can't log in now using the email and password as your account is set to use Google Sign-in. If however, any problems do happen, you can reach out to us here in the Community or on any official Upwork social media channels and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lazar,

You won't lose access to your account for disconnecting the Google Sign-In. After doing that, you can log in to the platform and the Upwork Desktop App using your username or email address and your password.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Are you sure Aleksandar?

Currently, if I logout from my account and try to login with my email and password I get this message "This email address uses Google Sign-In." I am afraid not to lose the only login method I currently have.

Hi Lazar,

Yes, I'm sure that you won't lose the access to your account. Please note that you can't log in now using the email and password as your account is set to use Google Sign-in. If however, any problems do happen, you can reach out to us here in the Community or on any official Upwork social media channels and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes, it worked! Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths