🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problems with account
Page options
m_sinickas
Community Member

Problems with account

Hello UpWork community. I have recently did two jobs and the money did not go in to my balance so thats 1 issue.

The other issue that I think my profile is limited or something like that because I don't get hires no matter how good the proposals are, ive got a few jobs but they were invites to a job.

And the third problem is I recently got the rising talent badge and did not get the 30 connects, please fix that UpWork

Best regards.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Matas S wrote:

The other issue that I think my profile is limited or something like that because I don't get hires no matter how good the proposals are, ive got a few jobs but they were invites to a job.

Your jobs look fake. That would turn any client off. A newbie getting  2 "invite only" jobs within days of each other for minimal amounts with feedback that sounds the same makes smart clients assume that these jobs were not real.  There are several HUNDREDS of thousands of freelancers in your category. The chance of any genuine client having found you to invite are somewhere near my chances of flying to the moon in a purple bath tub.

It also makes you look dirt cheap.

You can see where your money is by looking at your my reports page. Chances are it is in Pending.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

kat303
Community Member

I agree with what Petra stated. about your jobs looking fake. The majority, (if not all) of invites a New freelancer gets are spam jobs asking for payment for computer equipment, sending fake checks, or trying to obtain personal information.) Your hourly rate is $15 an hour, and you've created backgrounds etc for just $5 ??? Either it only took a few minutes because you copied something off the internet or you have a bundle of backgrounds and scenes that you use over and over again. So, if that's what you're doing, having a friend create a client account (or you yourself) you're not going to last much longer on this site. 

I have worked with them previuosly, they recently needed more help and they asked to work with them through UpWork so no need to pour salt on everyone ladies

Matas S wrote:

I have worked with them previuosly, they recently needed more help and they asked to work with them through UpWork so no need to pour salt on everyone ladies

Matas, 

As you have feedback on both your jobs, it means that your "clients" closed the contracts and, if these were fixed-price jobs, then  you will  receive that money into your account after a five-day security period. Bear in mind that the gross amount you receive will be less Upwork's 20% service charge and other possible withdrawal charges. 

You should take Petra's infographic on board which sums up much of this thread that has been collated for newcomers:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

There doesn't appear to be anything in your profile to stop you getting jobs - so I would suggest you drop the "attitude" and make a concentrated effort to get a "real" contract on Upwork. And this does take time, and commitment.  

Hello Matas,

Congratulations on receiving the Rising Talent badge. Please, note that it can take up to 48 hours for the system to update and award you your 30 free connects. Let us know if you haven't received your connects after 48 hours and we'll assist you further.

Please be advised that your account is not limited and payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths