🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problems with setting up profile. Does not re...
Page options
s_tough
Community Member

Problems with setting up profile. Does not recognise my address!

Hi there. I am trying to set up my UpWork Profile, however it does not recognise my address. 

13 REPLIES 13
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Simon,

I checked your account and I can see that you were able to add your address. Is this the correct one or you`re still experiencing problems with your address? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I am from Guernsey in the Channel Islands however UpWork did not recognise this. 

I have had to put Southampton for the time being 

thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Simon,

Please go to Settings > Contact Info > Location and start typing your street address under the Address field. You should be given a drop down menu with suggestions to chose from, could you please double check this and let me know if you`re able to list your correct address? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

HI Goran,

Unfortunatly this didn't work, it is still not recognising Guernsey as a city. 

I have attached a screenshot

thanks

kfarnell
Community Member

This issue has come up multiple times.  Upwork doesn't appear to recognise the Channel Islands.

Example: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/You-do-not-have-Channel-Islands-in-your-address-list/td-...

s_tough
Community Member

So this basically means that I cannot have an account on UpWork as it does not 'support a service' in the Channel Islands? Is it even worth getting in touch with Customer Support as it looks they have no interest in welcoming Channel Island Residents? 😞

kfarnell
Community Member

Some people have managed it although Upwork insists on defining the Islands as part of the UK.  However,  the issue comes up again and again...

Certainly, it's worth persisting, but it may take a while.  

s_tough
Community Member

Thanks for that information Kim, thats very helpful. 

I have raised the issue with Customer Support. The Channel Islands are seperate Jurisdictions to the UK with different tax laws so its not correct that we are treated on the same basis as UK residents. 

I will let you know the outcome 

thanks 

Simon

Hi Simon,

One of our customer support agents will be reaching out via email to assist you further with this concern. Feel free to post your questions on the ticket so the agent can assist you efficiently. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
hmgs
Community Member

Joanne, I've managed to negotiate the address part, but I am unable to access the fields which require my English proficiency and my weekly time availability. I click on the box but it comes up with a string of characters which do not allow me to access the box. Do you have any suggestions please?  Thank you so much. Helen

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Helen,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser, if you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know what type of browsers did you used. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need someone to help me I can't finish my profile because its asking for an apartment number and I don't live in an apartment.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

Please, try to click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information.

Let us know if you have any other questions and please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths