🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Approval Failed
Page options
joe_procick
Community Member

Profile Approval Failed

I created an account yesterday and when I logged on today there is a message saying my profile requires changes. The link that says: Check these support messages for more details is blank. How do I find out what needs to be changed???

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Joe,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes they did reach out thank you! They said that I must complete identity verifiaction to submit purposals. I just have one question about that. The guidlines say that the second document may be a bank statment, utility bill, etc but it must be unaltered. I would like to white out sensitive information such a bank account number. Is this not allowed?

Hi Joe,

We understand your concern. To protect your personal information, access to the information you submit to Upwork to verify your identity is stored by Upwork, per our security policy. Upwork agents comply with our privacy policy and the third-party vendor that handles these requests does not store any identification data. Please check this help article for more information and please don't crop, rotate, touch up, adjust colors, or alter the images in any way.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths