🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Resubmitting a profile
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

I submitted my profile, but it isn't approved yet. Please help me!

Hi Stephen,

Our team has reached out to you via ticket with more details, please refer to the details shared there and feel free to follow up with any additional questions. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Vladimir! I have a friend whose profile is not being approved and she submitted her revised work for about 6 times already. Just wanted some help in what she can add/improve on her profile as she's very serious in being part of Upwork. Thanks in advance! 

Account link: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marigold,

Thanks for reaching out to us. While I'm sorry to hear about your friend's registration not having been accepted, we won't be able to discuss another user's account status here in the Community. Thank you for understanding.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please check my profile that it is approved or not.. thank you

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile is still not approved, you will need to complete it up to 100%. Once you have completed your profile our team will review it and reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey,
I have the same issue. I submit my profile a month ago, but it still under review. Could you please help me to get approved.

Best regards

Hi Zakaria,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am submitting my profile before 10 to 15. but I don't receive any notification. why?

Hi, can you tell me is my account approved yet or not,thanks

Hi Nouman,

Yes, your profile was approved, thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Upwork Team,

Please help me. I've been trying to update my profile for sometime now but it is still being rejected. I'm new to this industry and I'm really looking forward to get online jobs from Upwork. I have to look after my grandmother so I really need to work at home.

Hoping for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,

Aaron

If there's anything that I need to change in my profile please let me know. I'm really interested to be a part of Upwork's freelancers. Thank you!

I'm sorry for having multiple posts. I have a similar one which I posted earlier in the Asia Pacific group because I wasn't able to send a message here until now.

bev58
Community Member

Thank you very much Sir Vladimir 😊
bev58
Community Member

Got lots of notification i thought it’s a client 😂 lol .. until now i don’t have client I keep updating my profile and sends proposals but no one wants to hire me what should i do? 🙁😞 I’m feeling hopeless😞 it is very difficult to have a job success 90% score if no one hires you how will be able to start a work? Eventhough i dont have that 90% job success i can assure that I am confident 100% that i can do the task. Can somebody help me?? 😞😭

Hello, I recently set up a profile and submitted it without 100% completion. It was rejected and I have since fully completed my profile, including taking some tests.

I have followed the instructions on the help page and cannot find a button for resubmission.

What can be done to resolve this?

Many thanks

Helen

Hi Helen, 

Our team will check this and contact you directly to assist you with this. Thank you for reporting.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran!

Hi,

i have some problem, i was complete fill out my profile, i was open ticket from my request but my profile status is same not approve and something strange, my ticket status on my request is has been solved... this jokes or what ?

Please Advice

Hi Ferdy,

I see your profile is active, have you selected a membership plan in order to receive the Connects?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

in a couple hours, now my profile is active, thank you

Regards,

Ferdy

I don't get it. They won't accept my profile but If I have a client with whom I want to work with, then they'll open my account to work with my client ONLY. Why would I bring you a client since you are not accepting my profile? (Question from my friend who is trying to start working on UpWork)

Hi Olivera,

Upwork will now review new freelancer registrations to determine if our marketplace does not have opportunities for them based on their combination of skills and experience. For more information about this, please check this announcement from Garnor. Your friend will also receive a notification email about this step with more information. Please have your friend refer to the email sent to him. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi All,

Nice to be here. But I have Submitted by account 4/5 times with different category and different profession. I completed by study in Textile Engineering and Fashion Designing. I have other skill too such as Designing, Some Web work, HRM, Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing. I tried with those. But you are not approve my account. Please help me approve my account. And don't tell me there is no work in upwork. Give me Solution.

Ashikul K wrote: Give me Solution.

The solution is to spend a few years aquiring and confirming an in-demand skill and then trying again.

Wildly attempting to get approved by throwing half-baked skills at your profile in casee something lets you in is a bad strategy.

Hi Ashikul,

Upon checking, your account has been approved. Having a complete profile with your work history and list of skills can help a potential client learn whether you are the right person for their project. Here's a very helpful article on how you can enhance your feelancer profile. Add necessary skills, certifications, portfolio, and the like to make your profile stand out to potential clients.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

But I have seen that My account is still under review. Please verify me. I think I can help the community.

Ashikul,

Please, refer to the notification the team sent to you earlier today for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Muzammil,

Your profile has been approved.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
maripdem
Community Member

Hi Upwork community,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend because she is experiencing technical difficulties posting it. Here is her post:

I have been trying to get my profile approved as an editor and it has been rejected 3 times now because there is insufficient demand for my skills or expertise.

1) Is there a glut of editors in general on Upwork (proofreaders, copyeditors, developmental editors)? I am game to develop my skills but don't want to hone them in the wrong direction if there are certain types of editing that are much more in demand. The skills I have posted on my profile are: Proofreading, Copyediting, Technical Editing, Developmental Editing, Content Editing, Story Editing, Content Writing, Copywriting

2) I have been told not to add anything to my portfolio as it's not necessarily helpful as an editor. Could this be affecting my approval?

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to being a part of the Upwork community.

Hi Marie,

We're sorry to hear that your friend's registration was not accepted. If she has more relevant skills or experiences to add, she can update and resubmit her profile and we’ll take another look to see if there is a demand for the new skills. If she doesn't have additional skills or experience to add now, she can always update her profile in the future. She can check out this article for tips on building a great profile
We hope this information helps!

~ Joanne
Upwork
rafiq83
Community Member

1. I would like to know if my profile has been approved?

2. If this is not approved then how to approved?

Rafiqul

Hi Rafiqul,

Your profile was approved and you can start using your account. Please check these helpful article before you start submitting proposals.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thanks for respons me

Rafiqul

Hello, I would like to know if my profile has been approved..?

Hi Ayoub,

Your profile is approved and you have already selected a membership plan. Happy UpWorking!

~ Goran
Upwork
umeril
Community Member

Hi thank you for your interest. My account is confirmed. I guess the photo did not meet community standards. My account was approved as I changed it photograph.

umeril
Community Member

I'm waiting for my account to be approved even though it's been 40 + hours ..

jmlaidlaw
Community Member

@ Umut --

I have no specific information on your account approval, but I would like to take this opportunity to ask WHY IN THE WORLD you would create a professional profile that includes a photograph of you lighting a cigarette. (?) You aren't applying for work as James Dean, you know. 

Just... So. much. wrong.

umeril
Community Member

Hello there. I do not know which country you are. Putting pictures with cigarettes can be a shame in your country. I can understand that. But I am not a person who likes taking pictures. There was this photo. I've installed this. That's the only reason. It's been 2 days since my account opened. I will create a more professional profile over time..

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths