🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile still under review
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

The cigarette photo is not a "shame" -- it's just an entirely unprofessional presentation. It's the first impression that you will make on a client, and the impression you give is that you are a teenager trying to be cool, not a professional who is serious about work. 

umeril
Community Member

You're right. As soon as I take a new photo and upload it to my profile. Thanks for your suggestion.

jmlaidlaw
Community Member

Good choice, Umut -- a flexible, intelligent decision that is in your best interest.

umeril
Community Member

hi i changed my photo. İ hope this is a suitable photograph 🙂

jmlaidlaw
Community Member

@ Umut -- GREAT photograph! Professional and attractive! Well done!

Hi Umut,

One of our team member created a ticket for you. You may post any questions you have on the ticket thread. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
vgjohn
Community Member

My profile has been under review for over 24 hours even though it said I should hear back before then, can someone help with this? Thanks

Hi John,

I can confirm that your profile has been approved.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Great, thank you so much!

Hello,

My account is still under review, it's been almost 48 hours now.

Can you please look into it? Thanks.

Hi Kelvin,

One from our team will look into this for you and will update you directly to the ticket that wil be created. Please post any questions you have on that ticket thread. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
a7med_saed
Community Member

Hello
Why so far my profile has not been approved

a7med_saed
Community Member

Hello
Why so far my profile has not been approved

Hi Ahmed,

Your profile has been accepted, congrats! Just click on the "0 Available Connects" link to the right of your job feed, to select a membership plan and get your connects.

~Nina

Hi. I'm writing on behalf of my friend, **Edited for Community Guidelines** . His user in Upwork is **Edited for Community Guidelines** He wants to know why his profile isn't approved. I can recommend him with my eyes closed. He's the Creative Director of our creative studio, Krea, and has great ability in branding, design and marketing strategies and creations.
I speak highly of him. Please, help him get his profile approved.

Hi Ruy,

While I'm sorry to hear about your friend's registration not having been accepted, we won't be able to discuss another user's account status here in the Community. Thank you for understanding.

~Nina

Hello, I am new to upwork aswell.

When I log into my account I am stuck in the "Create your profile" screen for a month now.

Since I send in my profile for a review I did not recieve any emails yet. If you google my account you can already find it online, but I cannot move out of the "create your profile" screen when I am logged in. Can you please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just fill in everything again and I now was able to get into the next section and the profile is now under review

Hi Christoph,

Your account is currently in review. We will reach out within 24 hours about your profile. If that doesn't happen, please let us know right away. Thank you for letting us look into this. 

~ Riri

Hello Riri,

Can I check with you if my profile is approved?

Thank you,

Hi J-Amil,

Congratulations! I can confirm that your account is approved. I also see that you've sent some proposals already. You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Let me know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
1738faf3
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to Upwork and now I have to post question using my client account since my freelancer account somehow could not post/reply. I have the same problem that my profile has been rejected for almost 14 days with the same reason:"Insufficient for the marketplace", even when I have changed/added skills, portfolio, experiences..., almost everything.
Can you please tell me how to get approved? Thank you in advance

I applied to join Upwork today, and was told that I will receive an email when my application has been approved. I have not received an email, but my profile says "Congrats, you're now part of Upwork!" and I'm able to submit proposals. Does this mean I have been accepted?

Hi Sajeel,

Thank you for submitting your profile for review. The review process takes 24-48 hours to complete from the time you submitted it. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email notification to update you of the status of your profile approval. Please note that resubmitting your profile again for review resets the time it takes to review it. If you have still have not received any update on your profile approval status after 24-48 hours, please let us know so we can check this for you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Emma,

I checked and can confirm that your account has already been accepted. If you haven't already, please check out this thread to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi all,

my profile has been sitting in 'under review' for over a week.

Could someone please advise?

Hi Dana, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mostafa,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

how can i check if my profile is approved?

Hi Uzair,

Your profile was approved! For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear Support Team,

Could you please let me know if my profile is approved and I can start working?  

If it is approved, where I can see that?

Kind regards,

Ihor K.

0729c351
Community Member

Usually, a notification email will be sent to you. or there will be a notification on the front page of your profile.
or you can confirm it by submitting a proposal to the job posting in the feed. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ihor, 

It looks like an email was sent to you to confirm that your application to join Upwork has been successful. Welcome to Upwork, and the Upwork Community, Ihor! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check resources in this board to help you get started.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Anyone can guide me on how can I know that my profile is approved or not?

Hi Fatiq,

I checked, and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I have resubmitted my profile with different title and skills but upwork not approved it. My client want to work with me on upwork but why upwork is not accepted my profile while everything I providing on profile is perfect. I need to approved it immediately.
Please help me!

Shahid B wrote:
Hi, I have resubmitted my profile with different title and skills but upwork not approved it. My client want to work with me on upwork

"Your client" can hire you by usingg the "bring your own freelancer" function, which will solve the issue and you will be able to work with that particular client. You won't be able to work with any other clients of course.

Shahid B wrote:
Hi, I have resubmitted my profile with different title and skills but upwork not approved it. 

That's not how it works. The idea isn't to throw all sorts of skills at your profile to see if anything sticks. 

The skills you are listing on your profile are not needed on Upwork because there are already way too many freelancers offering the same things.

The vast majority of people who try to join Upwork are not accepted, and of the few that are accepted, the vast majority never win a single contract. This is particularly true in the categories you want to offer. 

Hi Shahid,

I checked, and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resource corner to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, 

I haven't received any account approval email from Upwork. Could you please check to see if my upwork profile has been approved or not? Thank you.

Hi Humera,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths