🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile Approval
Page options
moonriver62
Community Member

Profile Approval

A friend of mine has been trying to get her profile approved here in Upwork for months now. According to her, no matter what skills she adds or how many tests she takes as proof of those skills, her application is still getting rejected.

Also, she sent me this message regarding this matter:

"One thing I don't understand is, I see freelancer profiles that were approved but are actually no better than mine. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying this to brag. I'm simply stating the truth."

We also learned that Upwork's using bots to filter submitted applications. This leads her to doubt that her profile was reviewed properly (like, by a person). That the rejection was because "there are already many freelancers with a similar skillset" to hers.

In light of this, we hope an Upwork employee can take the time to review her profile carefully and assess it as they deem fit (link to her profile will be sent as a private message to Upwork employee who's willing to review it). We would greatly appreciate the help! 🙂

*Note: She said she can't create a new topic nor interact with existing posts here in Upwork Community, that's why she asked for my help to relay this message. Not sure if this is a bug or what.

1 REPLY 1
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Trixie,

I'm sorry to hear your friend's registration was not accepted. Please note only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. We accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months (not days). Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is a sufficient demand for their skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. We hope this information helps and thanks for your friend's interest in Upwork!

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths