🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile Approval
Page options
nick_allen789
Community Member

Profile Approval

Hello. i have just registered on upwork and when i try to submit my profile i keep getting rejected within a minute no matter how much i try to edit my profile and resubmit.

4 REPLIES 4
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

Hi, Nick --

You may be offering services in a category that is over-filled with freelancers whose skills overlap with yours. That is a common reason for profiles to be rejected. It isn't a personal rejection -- just a business judgement. (Kind of like a supermarket not stocking a new brand of cookies when the shelves are already full to overflowing with brands that sell well.)

okay. but i do have various skills. And i have tried to remove some and leave some but it just keeps getting rejected

@ Nick --

It may not be the particular skills that you are offering. It may be something else. I don't know.

However, back to my grocery-store analogy (and please understand that this is an analogy only, and is not meant to diminish your skills by comparing you to cookies, etc.): while new freelancers offer a varierty of skills, these may nevertheless all be skills that are over-subscribed when compared to demand. (e.g., data entry, graphic design, translation).

To expand on my analogy: The grocery store is doling well as re stocks of cookies, crackers, ice cream, canned vegetables, etc. What the manager finds it difficult to keep in stock (due to high demand) is locally-grown organic corn and beets, homemade fruit pies, and artisanal whole-grain breads. Do you "bake"?

Hello Nick,

I just checked your account and I can see that our team representative reached out to you regarding your account. Please check your email inbox or check it direclty here for more information. Thank you!

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths