🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Approval
Page options
g_serrano-unsay
Community Member

Profile Approval

Hello.

I am trying to help a friend create her account in Upwork  Her account application has been rejected because, as it was said in the email sent to her (screenshot attached), "there are already many freelancers with a similar skillset to yours and we cannot accept your application". 

I know of a lot of people getting this response from Upwork and I'm also trying to understand how their skillset is being gauged and how they can be a better fit for the platform. Is there any way for these people (including my friend) to reapply and have better chances of getting approved? My friend has tried applying a couple of times, creating profiles under the different niches she is well capable of providing services for but to no avail. 

I hope members of the Upwork community can help shed light on this matter so I can help my friend and other people who are hoping to get clients from Upwork.

Thank you so much!

All the best, 

Glady

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Glady,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to comment on your friend's profile status specifically, please refer her to the notification she's received from Upwork. Generally, only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. We accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months (not days). Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is a sufficient demand for your skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. Also, please note that creating more than one account on Upwork is against the ToS.

~ Bojan
Upwork
meshackeres
Community Member

Hi Glady,

I suggest you to try and optimize the profile.

The skill sets and experiences need to be specific rather than generic.

Include a strong portfolio to support the profile, and ensure that the profile is 100% complete.

Upwork rejects profiles with very generic or common skills/portfolio to balance the demand and supply ratio for projects and suitable freelancers.

I hope this works out for your friend.

All the best,

Sreya

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths