🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Changed to Private
Page options
madamcheck
Community Member

Profile Changed to Private

I received an email today telling me my profile was set to "private" because I have not "been working through Upwork lately".

I have actively been submitting proposals.  Is there a minimum number of proposals that need to be submitted in order to have your profile set to public?  What do I need to do to have my profile remain pubilc?

I'm new to Upwork - thanks for the help!

Michael Anne

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Michael Anne A wrote:

I received an email today telling me my profile was set to "private" because I have not "been working through Upwork lately".

I have actively been submitting proposals.  Is there a minimum number of proposals that need to be submitted in order to have your profile set to public?  What do I need to do to have my profile remain pubilc?

Michael Anne

In that email there should be information that allows you to email support to have it turned back to public. It's very easy. Alternatively when you try to reset it to public on your profile, you should be given the option to make the request. It's a proactive measure by Upwork to filter out inactive accounts. Sometimes those of us in between gigs get swept into the algo. All you have to do is request it be changed back. They usually do it pretty quickly. It has never taken them more than a day when I've made the request. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
a_lipsey
Community Member

Michael Anne A wrote:

Michael Anne

In that email there should be information that allows you to email support to have it turned back to public. It's very easy. Alternatively when you try to reset it to public on your profile, you should be given the option to make the request. It's a proactive measure by Upwork to filter out inactive accounts. Sometimes those of us in between gigs get swept into the algo. All you have to do is request it be changed back. They usually do it pretty quickly. It has never taken them more than a day when I've made the request. 

Thanks so much - I have already received confirmation they will be changing the status within the next day or so.

dac5a616
Community Member

Hello Upwork community.

this is 4th time my account is shifted to private pease make it public so i bids on projecta 

thanks.

Hi Kamran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have set your profile visibility to "public." For future reference, you can check your profile visibility on the "Find Work" page. Then on the right-side panel, you will see your profile visibility settings here

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie Jane

Profile Changed to Private, please help me

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths