🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Completion
Page options
821b8acc
Community Member

Profile Completion

Hello All,

I joined Upwork about three weeks ago. If I am reading the Upwork help page correctly, I believe that I should have everything that I need to rank up to the rising talent program (3 five star reviews from different clients, over $100 earned and a 100% complete profile). The only problem is, my profile refuses to bump up to 100%. I took the readiness test 3 times,  linked a social account and posted two approved portfolio pieces. I thought that should equal about 50% completion on top of the 60% you get for completing the base requirements.  Still, the progress bar hovers at 90%. It keeps suggesting that I add a certification, but I don't have any to add at this time. I researched this a little bit before and one of the other posts said that you don't need a certification to have 100% completion. Is this correct?

I would really appreciate some help with this!

Thanks so much,

Elijah.

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elijah,

That is correct, certifications aren't required to have a 100% completed profile. Completing other sections will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths