🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Feedback
Page options
rachel-chaya
Community Member

Profile Feedback

Hello, I am new to Upwork and I would love some feedback on how to improve my profile and portfolio. Also tips on how to write a good proposal.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Rachel R wrote:

Hello, I am new to Upwork and I would love some feedback on how to improve my profile and portfolio. Also tips on how to write a good proposal.

Thank you.

Lots of great proposal tips in the help section.

Regarding the profile: never use 3rd person. You want to make a connection with a potential client, so don't turn them off your profile. Further, a profile is not a CV or a school application, it's about marketing. What can you do for your client, and why can you do it better than 30 other people that sent a proposal? The secret answer is: you are not better than the 30 other people, but you want to be the one that the client is happy to give his money to in return for services. Your picture is a wonderful start! Now do the rest and you'll be fine. Be aware of scammers, they will target you. Come here when in doubt. 

Edit: just checked what you do, and darn, that's a competitive field with people that charge way less. Well, some of my morsels of wisdom still apply. 

colettelewis
Community Member

Rachel R wrote:

Thank you.

Your portfolio is fine. However, unless you remove all your personal contact information from the links you give, you could be suspended. You are allowed to give these details in your proposals but you may not show them publicly on your profile. I suggest you read Upwork's rules and regs before  you start bidding for jobs. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths