🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Not Approved
Page options
georeld
Community Member

Profile Not Approved

Hi,

I created my profile months ago out of curiosity and I admit that I did not complete it right away.  However, I have now made a firm decision to be a freelancer for Upwork.  I have already completed my profile.  I already took the Upwork Readiness Test which I scored 4.5.  I also took various examinations to prove that my knowledge in my respective field and all my scores are in the upper 10%.

I previously worked for top companies in the Philippines as an Accounting and Finance Manager.  However, my family situation requires me to be at home for most of the day which is why I had to quit.  Upwork is my chance to be physically present for my family and still be a breadwinner.  I will strive to be a freelance accountant that will boost the brand of Upwork.

I hope that you guys give my profile another look and approve it.

2 REPLIES 2
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Georel,

I'm sorry to hear that your profile wasn't accepted. If you have more relevant skills or experience to add now or in the future as you develop them, you can update and re-submit your profile and we’ll take another look to see if there is a demand for your new skills. You can learn more about building a complete profile by checking out the following articles: 

Enhance Your Upwork Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

Sample Profiles

Thank you.

Untitled
georeld
Community Member

I have already done the following:

1) Completed my profile

2) Took tests in which I am always in the upper 10%

3) Took the Upwork Readiness Test

First of all, I really need to shift to a homebased freelance accountant because I need to be assist my kids at a certain time of the day.  Secondly, I think my experience is not inferior being the accounting department head for top companies and working on great accounting software.  If you guys really think that I am trying to join a saturated field in Upwork, why not let me join and then remove me six months from approval if I can't get a client.  My family circumstances really need this to work.  Please, I am a professional and I will give it everything I've got to be a great addition to Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths