🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile Picture Uploading Issue
Page options
elfrida-lely
Community Member

Profile Picture Uploading Issue

Good Evening from Bali

I have been trying to set up an Upwork account; and as per Upwork Terms: 
1. I Uploade my Own picture minimum 250X250 pxhowever.
2. I have ensured the image I tried to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format
3. It's a clear photo of myself , not a long shot and myface is clearly visible and it's in professional shot

However whenever I go to upload a profile picture, I receive an error message saying that I should pick another picture. I have tried several different pictures on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but none of them have been accepted. How do I get past this issue?

Thank you, 
lely 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Lely E,

I am sorry to hear that even after fulfilling all the requirements, your picture is not being uploaded.

Don't worry about that, sometimes it happens. Just leave this process for a while and do it again. 

It will be accepted in 2, 3 attempts. I have faced this issue and I did as I told you.

Best,

Thanks

Naheedmir

https://www.coupongot.com/

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
AndreaG

Hi Lely,

Could you please send a screenshot of the error message you're receiving so we can check on this?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, 
attached is the screenshot 
Thanks and I look forwrd to hearing from you soon 

Hi Lely,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
shazill
Community Member

please help me out in uploading my profile picture. Thanks

Hi Qasim,

Could you please let us know if you are receiving any error while trying to upload your profile picture? Could you please share a screenshot so that we can take a look?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The site won’t accept my ID.

i also have same issue with my profile pic i can not upload it please resolve my issue

Hi Samreen,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your image. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Lely E,

I am sorry to hear that even after fulfilling all the requirements, your picture is not being uploaded.

Don't worry about that, sometimes it happens. Just leave this process for a while and do it again. 

It will be accepted in 2, 3 attempts. I have faced this issue and I did as I told you.

Best,

Thanks

Naheedmir

https://www.coupongot.com/

I tried do it multiple time but didnt work . please advise

Hi Shrady,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? 
I would suggest to try and resize your image to 250x250 or login via another browser to try and upload your profile image. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, who is Shrady, please? I already tried resizing the image. Thank you 🙂

Hi Oola,

The post you`re referring to is for another user. Our team has reached out to you via ticket and you can access it on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also experiencing this issue. I have tried in multiple browsers and private browsing windows. I can't to seem to find any other support contact so posting on here and hoping someone can help. 

Hi Rose,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

This is happening to me as well. Seems to be an ongoing issue. I've tried 4 different pitures to no avail. Any other suggestions? Doing it miltiple times in different browsers did not help. FYI, I am not wearing sun glasses, these are perscription glasses.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Curtis,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with uploading your profile photo. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I already tried this and resized my photo to 250x250px and it still did not work. Also cleared cache and used different browsers.

oola_patel
Community Member

I've tried the recommended clearing of my cache and cookies, making the photo square (250 by 250 pixels) as well as logging-in and attempting to upload on another browser, but I'm still having problems.

This is the photo I'm trying to upload. As you can see the contrast is decent and my face is clear and bright. I can of course try another photo with my bangs out of the way and my glasses removed, but a photo like this should be able to be used as a profile picture - it's just not being reconized as a face by the AI.

Could Upwork suport please look into why this photo won't upload?

Hi Oola,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your profile image. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your assistance! I look forward to hearing what the support team has to say.

Hi there & pozdrav, Gorane,

I have the exact same problem. No matter what photo I use, no matter its size (within the limits), no matter what allowed file type I use, I still keep getting "select another image".

I've tried with both Chrome and Edge, and cleared caches, and whatnot. Nothing helps. Many thanks in advance for any enlightenment. 🙂

Hi Daniel, can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo.
~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths