🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Review Request
Page options
proofbyalex
Community Member

Profile Review Request

Could anyone take a look at my profile? I’ve been working so hard on it the past few weeks, and I don’t think I’m gaining any traction. I’ve also been working hard on my proposals. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I really want to get some jobs—I love what I do and really want to do it. As a proofreader/editor/beta reader, I feel like it’s really hard to display my portfolio since it’s not a visual field of work... I don’t know. But I’d appreciate any advice 🙂
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shohel121
Community Member

Hi Alex,

Few suggestions from my part along with the pieces of advice already given:

• Make your profile title professional. It should be short but contains the key skills you are offering.  Should be written in Title Case. 
  • The overview can be shorter, skill specific  and some part bulleted (to grab attention.) 
  • Pass some more relevant Upwork tests with good score- it works well for the new profile. 

• Apply to the jobs that match well to your skills.
  • And your Cover Letter must be professionally smart- describes how your skills and experience can be a great help for the particular job you are applying for.

All the best! 

Shohel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mtngigi
Community Member

My 2¢ ... clients do not want to read a wall of text. Edit thyself.

You may want to post to the writer's forum to get feedback from those who have the same skills.

Yeah... I had it pretty bare before. I’ll try and edit a bit more...

As an aside: Reviewing books on Amazon for payment is a serious violation of Amazon's terms of services and Upwork's.

Please do NOT do that again. Ever.

It is entirely unacceptable on too many levels (even if it was an "honest" review.)

Ooh. Didn’t know that. Thanks!
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Alex M wrote:
Could anyone take a look at my profile? I’ve been working so hard on it the past few weeks, and I don’t think I’m gaining any traction. I’ve also been working hard on my proposals. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I really want to get some jobs—I love what I do and really want to do it. As a proofreader/editor/beta reader, I feel like it’s really hard to display my portfolio since it’s not a visual field of work... I don’t know. But I’d appreciate any advice 🙂

I think it's really good, a few minor things: Don't start every paragraph with an "I", and don't promise to "start on your text immediately". That will not be possible once you are flooded with jobs .... 😉 it makes you sound as if you have nothing to do.....

shohel121
Community Member

Hi Alex,

Few suggestions from my part along with the pieces of advice already given:

• Make your profile title professional. It should be short but contains the key skills you are offering.  Should be written in Title Case. 
  • The overview can be shorter, skill specific  and some part bulleted (to grab attention.) 
  • Pass some more relevant Upwork tests with good score- it works well for the new profile. 

• Apply to the jobs that match well to your skills.
  • And your Cover Letter must be professionally smart- describes how your skills and experience can be a great help for the particular job you are applying for.

All the best! 

Shohel

okay. thanks. I hope it's better now. I've made loads of changes according to everyone's suggestions, and I'll get started on more tests this week. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths