🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Review and Other Newbie Questions
Page options
erinchrisbell
Community Member

Profile Review and Other Newbie Questions

Hello all!

Well, I have read and watched a big pile of profile, project and proposal advice articles. I have a few remaining questions for any who have the heart and energy to comment. Thank you!

1. Thoughts, comments, etc on my profile?

2. Again, I have looked at others who are comprable to me and still do not have a good self-gauge: Is my rate too high for a newbie? Is my rate too low and I am thereby hurting the market for other workers?

3. The numbers for how many proposals a day seemed to vary a bit. Is about 4/day ok?

4. I am about to start paying for proposals. How long might this part of the "landing your first job" go on for? Aka how much will I have to "pay to play"?

Again, thank you thank you thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
ishaqkhan94
Community Member

Hey Erin,

I started like you no more than 3 weeks ago. I didn't have to buy any connects. I got my first work after my second proposal and from there onwards, things started rolling.

I checked your profile; it's not just fine, it's great.

I guess there is something wrong with your proposal for jobs and the kind of jobs you are applying to. Keep in mind, if too many people have applied for a job, don't apply. Prefer applying when the job is new, preferably 15 to 20 or 30 mins old.

Checkout Josh Burns tech or Lex Deville on youtube to learn how to write a proposal.

P.S. I am not related to them, i learned to use Upwork by following them.

Ishaq, thank you so much!

Your own recent success and your about my profile are MOST encouraging. And I'll check out those two videos right away. Super, super.

Huge thanks again!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths