🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Review
Page options
rprejean84
Community Member

Profile Review

Hello,

I have been on Upwork for roughly a month, but have had no success in the job market. I would like to see if some of the more seasoned Upworkers wouldn't mind reviewing my profile.

I believe the issue I'm having may be related to my proposals, but I would like to explore every aspect of the process to make sure I have the best chance. 

I appreciate any feedback that you may have for me.

Thank you in advance. 

Sincerely,

Rebecca 

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Rebecca P wrote:

I have been on Upwork for roughly a month, but have had no success in the job market. I would like to see if some of the more seasoned Upworkers wouldn't mind reviewing my profile.

I believe the issue I'm having may be related to my proposals, but I would like to explore every aspect of the process to make sure I have the best chance. 

You are in one of the most competitive categories. The vast majority of hopeful writers who join the platform never make a single Dollar and the only way to gain traction is to stand out so you catch the eye of that all important first client.

At the moment your profile does not stand out. It does not catch the eye or capture the imagination. It is generic and (sorry) boring.

You have no portfolio. Any creative profile without a portfolio is on a road to nowhere.

In search results, clients only see the first line of your overview. If that does not excite them, your profile won't even be opened in most cases. In the list of applicants, clients only see the first line of your proposal. If that does not sell you, your proposal will get archived or declined unread a lot (most to all) of the time.

You need to completely rewrite your profile and rethink your proposals. Be client-centric. Make it about how hiring you helps the client. It is not about you, it is about the client.

Add portfolio pieces that showcase your skills in an eyecatching way.

Rethink your approach, bidding on gigs is not like applying for brick and mortar jobs. At this point, you need to be your own sales-copy writer and your product that you are selling is you.

writers.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths