🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile Review
Page options
33be06a8
Community Member

Profile Review

Hello. I signed up on Upwork around 3 months ago, and have picked up a few small gigs since then. However, they were mostly because they had to hire quick and I addressed that urgent need. I've been looking at advice on how to make a good profile, but often times it's either vague or conflicting. So I was wondering if someone more experienced would be kind enough to spare some time to review my profile and tell me what needs to improve. That will help me a lot. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Syed Faizan R wrote:

Hello. I signed up on Upwork around 3 months ago, and have picked up a few small gigs since then. However, they were mostly because they had to hire quick and I addressed that urgent need. I've been looking at advice on how to make a good profile, but often times it's either vague or conflicting. So I was wondering if someone more experienced would be kind enough to spare some time to review my profile and tell me what needs to improve. That will help me a lot. Thanks.

Make it less like a resume, and focus on your client's needs. How do you solve his problem?

Give it another proofread and make sure it's completely error-free. You have huge competition from people who have English as their first language, so that counts against you, especially when you have mistakes in your text.

Lastly, stop doing those 5$ jobs, or you will be forever stuck with them. 

Thank you! I've applied your suggestions and revised my overview.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths