🐈 Community
dannymcwaves

Profile Review

Hi there,

This is not so much of a question as it is of a request to have someone with more experience check my profile and tell me what I am missing or what I can refactor.

My profile is 100% complete and I have good results for most of my tests taken. I have added portfolios, github projects and past experiences. I have started submitting proposals today but I have not gotten any feedback just yet. As a matter of fact, I have submitted four proposals. How long does it take to get invited for an interview? How do I know if a client declined my proposal?

My first guess is I am doing something wrong. Could it be my profile? or probably my proposals? Oh and I have read almost all the upwork articles ranging from '7 mistakes new freelancers must avoid' to 'how to win that first job'. It's safe to assume that I have prepared for the process. Is this common ?

Please do feel to sound opinionated on the subject and let me know if I am being impatient as this is my first time submitting proposals. Any help of any sort is welcome especially one directed to me.

Thanks in advance.

I love. I hate. I'm nice. I'm scary. I'm religious. I'm agnostic. I'M HUMAN.
6 REPLIES 6
ahammed_farid

Hello,

Just be patience Danny.

if clients decline your proposal you will get informed by mail from upwork.

you can study in the upwork, always write cover letter basis on client's job description

I can wish you good luck

but you have to be patience keep bidding jobs one day , you will get job.

if clients accept your proposal you will get message in upwork

katrinabeaver

For starters your portfolio items contain links in which you can be contacted outside of the platform which can get you suspended. You need to remove them. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Hi Katrina,

Thank you very much for the response, but how can the clients confirm the authenticity of the projects if I take out all the links to the real projects.

will that not make me look rather shady??

I'm not in the same space as you are, but do you have the original files that you could upload directly? You can have links in your portfolio to outside sources but those outside sources can't contain any way to contact you directly. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Somehow a profile in the third person is a little off-putting. Try using "I" instead of your name.  Much more approachable.

Thank you very much Mary, I have changed that now.

Also thanks to Kathrina, I will make sure to remove any links through which I can be contacted outside of upwork.

Thanks to you too, Farid.

Learning Paths