🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Review
Page options
millermichelle58
Community Member

Profile Review

Hello! Can someone take a look at my profile to give me feedback? I'm new to Upwork, so I want my portfolio to be really good. I'm having a hard time getting hired and I want to make sure clients see a capable freelancer when they view my profile. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your drawings look great, Candace, and props to you for being in the Rising Talent Program.

I would suggest that you read up on the resources we have compiled to help you get started on the platform. The resources our team has noted there will hopefully give you insight on how you can be successful on Upwork. 

Welcome to Upwork, and good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

IMO, I would remove the part about being a student. Your profile is meant to highlight your experience and expertise, not the fact that you are still learning.  They want to know what skills you have.

Also, clients don't really want to think that you are just freelancing as a side job.  If there are more tests in your field, you might consider taking one or two.

Good luck.  Your portfolio is great.

mtngigi
Community Member

@Candace W wrote:

Hello! Can someone take a look at my profile to give me feedback? I'm new to Upwork, so I want my portfolio to be really good. I'm having a hard time getting hired and I want to make sure clients see a capable freelancer when they view my profile. Thank you.

Agree with Mary that a little editing is in order - clients don't need to know you're a student. Also, be aware that you are not allowed to include a Behance link if there is a way to contact you from that link. This is against TOS. Best to add more pieces to your Upwork portfolio.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths