🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Review
Page options
verah2007
Community Member

Profile Review

Hello everyone, I am just over a month old on Upwork and am not getting jobs. Please, could you review my profile and advice me accordingly?

Thanks.

Vera

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Vera,

A couple of thoughts. Rearrange your first and second sentences. Clean up the punctuation and grammar a bit (you put that you do proofreading so it needs to be impeccable!). Your profile also shows your test scores. They are less than ideal, so you can change the settings so that they don't show in your public profile. If you retake them and you get better scores, you can change it to have them shown. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
frykristen
Community Member

same issue here as well... 

@Kristen F wrote:

same issue here as well... 

It's too much about you, but not about what exactly you want to do for your clients. It's just a list. Try to illustrate what skills you provide and how that benefits the client. Do you have anything to put in your portfolio?

Also, never! display below average tests. 

mtngigi
Community Member

Vera - your profile is private, so it can't be viewed.

Kristen - there is an over-abundance of freealncers offering the same services as yours, and at much lower rates. It's going to be hard for you to compete ... not saying it can't be done, but look at other profiles with the same skill set and you'll see what I mean.

Let me get a screenshot of it so you can help me.

Please review my profile its now public, Thanks

verah2007
Community Member

Thanks, everyone who answered my query earlier. My profile is now public would love honest opinions about it. I need to work but still not getting work thanks

Hi Vera,

A couple of thoughts. Rearrange your first and second sentences. Clean up the punctuation and grammar a bit (you put that you do proofreading so it needs to be impeccable!). Your profile also shows your test scores. They are less than ideal, so you can change the settings so that they don't show in your public profile. If you retake them and you get better scores, you can change it to have them shown. 

Thanks so so much let me work on that immediately

You're welcome! 🙂

The only thing I'll add is the first sentence - lose it. Your name is already at the top of the page, there is no need to state it again. Those first few lines are all a client sees. Use them well.

thanks will correct it

jchaffee
Community Member

I'm having the same issue.  I've submitted 7 proposals and not a word.  I know I'm qualified for these positions but I'm not getting interviews.  What's the deal??

Thanks,

Julie

mtngigi
Community Member

Julie Lyn C wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  I've submitted 7 proposals and not a word.  I know I'm qualified for these positions but I'm not getting interviews.  What's the deal??

Thanks,

Julie

Did you read the feedback in this thread? Seven proposals is nothing. You are bidding against thousands who do the same thing you do and at a lower rate. Some get jobs right away, some take months, some never get a good footing here ... it takes patience and perserverance.

By the way, your overview is your resume. You cannot have anything in your overview or portfolio that contains personal contact information, as that is against Upwork's terms of service. You should delete the resume - just add any pertinent copy to your overview, but leave off your phone and email info. That's a big no-no.

jchaffee
Community Member

Thanks for the feedback.  Much appreciated 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths