🐈 Community
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Review
Page options
33be06a8
Community Member

Profile Review

Hello. I signed up on Upwork around 3 months ago, and have picked up a few small gigs since then. However, they were mostly because they had to hire quick and I addressed that urgent need. I've been looking at advice on how to make a good profile, but often times it's either vague or conflicting. So I was wondering if someone more experienced would be kind enough to spare some time to review my profile and tell me what needs to improve. That will help me a lot. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Syed Faizan R wrote:

Hello. I signed up on Upwork around 3 months ago, and have picked up a few small gigs since then. However, they were mostly because they had to hire quick and I addressed that urgent need. I've been looking at advice on how to make a good profile, but often times it's either vague or conflicting. So I was wondering if someone more experienced would be kind enough to spare some time to review my profile and tell me what needs to improve. That will help me a lot. Thanks.

Make it less like a resume, and focus on your client's needs. How do you solve his problem?

Give it another proofread and make sure it's completely error-free. You have huge competition from people who have English as their first language, so that counts against you, especially when you have mistakes in your text.

Lastly, stop doing those 5$ jobs, or you will be forever stuck with them. 

Thank you! I've applied your suggestions and revised my overview.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths