cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Suggestions

Highlighted
Jennifer P Member Since: Dec 19, 2016
1 of 5

I've put alot of time into my profile between yesterday and today, but I don't seem to have a single bite yet. I know it's quick, but I'm hopeful. Smiley Happy

Any suggestions on improving my profile and/or increasing my chances of being noticed even though I'm a noob!?

Jen

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 5

I would rework your opening.  No one needs to know that you currently have a job - it might lead them to believe that your time to freelance is limited.  And I don't think anyone cares that you are an avid gamer.  Clients come here to hire experienced professionals, so focus more on what you can offer a client

And unless you passed a national paralegal certification exam, you have a paralegal certificate.  You are not a certified paralegal.  (Sorry - pet peeve because I'm one, too.)

Highlighted
Jennifer P Member Since: Dec 19, 2016
3 of 5

Thank you for the suggestion. I wanted to advertise that I spend the majority of my life on my computer between the job as well as gaming. I've actually never written a cover letter.. So I'm inexperienced in that area. I have completed a few of the tests on here, but plan to complete more.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
4 of 5

This place is for (job) "hunters"; not "fishers".

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 5

Agree with Mary on not mentioning gamer activity. That would only be relevant for a client whose business caters to gamers in some way.