🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile Verification
Page options
r_skane
Community Member

Profile Verification

I recently joined Upwork and won my frst bid. I am currently working on the project and received an email today saying that my account is suspended until I do a video chat to verify my identity.

I just did this and it was strange. It wasn't to verify my identity, but to test my knowledge. Stranger yet, they asked me a question related to programming, not website building or seo.

They said I would have to wait 24 hours to hear back. Naturally, I am concerned. Are they suddenly looking for a reson to cancel accounts? Anyone else have this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

if it has been more than 24 hours you should contact support.

At least that's what they told me to do if I didn't hear back from them.

--
"The truth is generally seen, rarely heard."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
felicedellagatta
Community Member

Hello Rebecca,

I went through the exact same thing last week. The interviewer asked me a question about HTML. I knew the answer but it still made no sense to ask me because I don't have any programming skills listed on my profile nor similar keywords are in my bio. No idea why they do it that way but I think you'll be fine even with a wrong answer.

Keep us posted.

--

Thankfully, I knew the answer as well. It just threw me off, although I guess it is subjective since much of website building will roam into programming - it's just not my focus. I should have said 'design' I suppose.

I had that experience a couple of months ago and the Upwork rep said it was a new validation process. I think half of the validation is that it collects your IP address to confirm that you are actually operating out of the country / location you defined in your profile. I wish they would do the same with clients since I see quite a few that say they're in the USA but their timezone clearly puts them at least 5-8 hours ahead of the US.

I was thinking along those lines as well - and to make sure a person who registers as a native English speaker truly is fluent. 

My profile no verify

Hi Shankar,

Just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
r_skane
Community Member

It's been 24 hours. Still no word and my account is still suspended. There is a little alert above my profile that says I need to initiate the video interview still, but that was completed already. Hmmmm....

if it has been more than 24 hours you should contact support.

At least that's what they told me to do if I didn't hear back from them.

--

Thanks! I did that. I never received a reply but it seems the hold on my account is lifted. 

singhdn
Community Member

Hi Team,
I have profile verifiled Badge, But I want to re-verification my profile with new information as i changed my Name information?
Is that possible to re-verify your account again with New info? So i can add all new information including Payment menthod?
Please help me to know if it possible or not?

Thanks you
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths