🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Won't Show 100%
Page options
jeremyephron
Community Member

Profile Won't Show 100%

Hello,

My profile stubbornly continues to show only 40% completed, despite having uploaded a profile picture, added skills, employment history, education, taken tests, and virtually everything else I could think of.  40% seems to be lower than what their site would have me believe accurately reflects my profile completion.  I am new to Upwork so it's possible I'm just missing some aspect of this entirely; if anyone could provide any assistance it would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Ephron

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_roganovic
Community Member

Hey, Jeremy. 

Welcome to Upwork.

I'm sure a moderator will write to you soon - but I looked at your profile, and it seems complete to me. 

Sometimes, these things can be slightly buggy, so I'm sure someone will fix it soon. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
m_roganovic
Community Member

Hey, Jeremy. 

Welcome to Upwork.

I'm sure a moderator will write to you soon - but I looked at your profile, and it seems complete to me. 

Sometimes, these things can be slightly buggy, so I'm sure someone will fix it soon. 

Same happened with me. My profile is also stubbornly continues to show only 50% completed despite i upoladed all necessary things.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul Hanan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jeremy,

Usually it takes a bit of time for the profile completeness to update. Your profile is at 100% now.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kat303
Community Member

Jeremy, Welcome to Upwork, You seem very intelligent in the way you write. It will take time to land your first job so don't get discouraged. Since you are new to freelancing here are a few tips.

This site is FULL of scammers. They prey on new freelancers specifically.

1. If a job mentions Google Hangouts, - it's a scam

2. If you're asked to send money for a laptop, supplies, software, registrations or anything else, - it's a scam (Clients pay you, you don't pay clients for anything.)

3. If you're asked to supply personal information - it's a scam. (this includes, address, SS#, passport infomration, bank account numbers, credit card account numbers, PayPay account numbers, auto tag or even your age.) All a client would need is for their work to be completed NOT personal information.

4. If you're told that a check will be sent to you, - it's a scam. ALL financial transactions MUST be conducted on this site.

5. If you're told that the client will make a direct deposit into your checking/savings account - it's a scam. (All financial transactions MUST take place on this site.

6. If you're told you're hired and do not see your contracts/announcement under the my job section - it's a scam. Do NOT start work until you're officially hired here.

7. Do NOT start work until funds are deposited into escrow no matter what the client may say. No funds in escrow, no work.

8. Make sure the FULL amount for either the job or milestone(s) as they come up are fully funded before starting work. There have been scams here where a milestone amount was (lets say) $54.00 and only $1.00 or even 10 cents was funded with the promise of payment when work was completed. The freelancer completed work, and got the 10 cents.  The client never funded the rest. Whatever is funded into escrow is what you'll get.

9. If working on hourly jobs make sure you use Time Tracker and make sure you type in notes for every screen shot. That's Upworks payment guarantee that if you do that, Upwork will pay you if the client doesn't.

Kathy T,

I appreciate the compliment and your advice (and not in that order).  I'll try to remain conscious of that fact as I browse the site.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other members of the Community when posting.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths