cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile approval

Highlighted
Usman A Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
1 of 11

I need help for the approval of my profile. I really need to work as a freelancer. I tried many times by changing my skillset by repalcing 1 or 2 skills but didn't get approval...

Best regards,

Usman

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 11

Usman, I don't work for Upwork so I have no special insight into the profile approval process. So feel free to ignore the following suggestions.

• leave out these lines from your overview, or at least put them at the end of the overview, not near the top:
    "I'm a passionate learner who is curious about the World. I'm fascinated by the knowledge and its implications on the civilized society."
    Clients mainly want to know what you can do for them, not what motivates and interests you
  • use a different image for your first portfolio item. That photo looks like a project for a class or a science fair
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 11

Usman:

Use a different photo for your personal profile photo. Or at least edit the background.

The combination of that background color and a dead-on stare is what I refer to as the "Blue Background of Shame," and it is an indicator of particularly problematic, unsuccessful freelancers.

I don't want a legitimate professional such as yourself to be associated with that.

4 of 11

Hi Preston H,

Thanks for your suggestion. This really helps me a lot.

Regards,

Usman

5 of 11

Hi John K,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I followed that and my profile is approved now.

Actually my profile is just on initial stages and it will take time to build up.

Again Thanks.

Regards,

Usman

Mizyed A Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
6 of 11

I have been trying to approve my profile since I created it.

Please help me.

Community Manager
Valeria K Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 11

Mizyed,

Please, allow 12 hours since you last re-submit your profile for the team to review it.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sandra S Member Since: Sep 13, 2017
8 of 11

Is there a phone number to call for approval help?

Community Manager
Valeria K Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 11

Hi Sandra,

I see you already have a support ticket opened about your account status. The team will review the information you provided and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Ozioma O Member Since: Jul 21, 2017
10 of 11

I was promised my profile would be reviewed and I would be given feedback witin 12 hours. After 24 hours I am still waiting for response from Upwork on the status of my profile.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS