🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile critique. It would be greatly appreci...
Page options
ricardopotes
Community Member

Profile critique. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hey gang!

New to UW, obviously. I created my main profile, noticed I could create secondary, and more focused profiles, so I did. I ran into a few glitches with the portfolio pieces, and I think one gallery repeats. Unfortunately, I can't eliminate the duplicate, without eliminating the same gallery in the main profile. But that might be a different topic.

As many years as I've put into graphic design, my proud moments are relatively few, and most are commissioned work (as opposed to the more corporate work I've "churned out" for employers).

The work I am showcasing is very old, as I've been, for better or worse, employed in different artistic endeavors, so my successes aren't always portfolio-ready, you dig?

Jack of a few trades, master of none, maybe? maybe.

I made the rookie mistake of jumping into a few bids, not having gone through all the material. No scams, no traps, just... no bites.

SO! I would greatly appreciate if you, prolific and properly presented profile pros, could perhaps provide proper pointers on my personal presentation.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~016b95c0199ea0808d/

–If, and when you have time.

I will finish up all my beginner reading and will apply it, but there is so much to be said for the advice of the experienced.

Thank you all, very much.

3 REPLIES 3
kat303
Community Member

I've read your profile, and I'm exceedingly happy for you that your mom thinks youre talented. I also know most of your history but I have no idea what your skills are. What programs you use etc.

IMO you should scrap the entire profile except for the list of skills (minus the word (some) and start from scratch. It's more about the skills you have and can be used to benefit the client. .  

I thought I'd inject a bit of humor, in an attempt to not necessarily stand out, but not get lost in the shuffle either. I can certainly do that without a waterfall of text. That is true.

It's been a long while since I freelanced, and lacking rating, recent work, or feedback, I thought more history might help.

The rockstar profiles seemed a bit dry to me. But as a newcomer, it might be best to gauge what actually works. So thank you!

mtngigi
Community Member

What Kathy said, lose the wall of text and your personal bio. Focus on what you offer. You can make up pieces for your portfolio if you want to update it. They don't have to be client pieces.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths